CefSharp lets you embed Chromium in .NET apps. It is a lightweight .NET wrapper around the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) by Marshall A. Greenblatt. About 30% of the bindings are written in C++/CLI with the majority of code here is C#. It can be used from C# or VB, or any other CLR language. CefSharp provides both WPF and WinForms web browser control implementations.
- See the CefSharp.Wpf.Example or CefSharp.WinForms.Example projects for example web browsers built with CefSharp. They demo most of the available features.
- See the CefSharp.MinimalExample project for a basic demo of using the CefSharp NuGet packages.
- See the General Usage Guide in help getting started/dealing with common scenarios.
- See the Wiki for work-in-progress documentation
- See the FAQ for help with common issues
- Upgrading from an earlier version of CefSharp? See the ChangeLog for breaking changes and upgrade tips.
- CefSharp API generated from the source code comments.
If you have a simple question please start by asking it on . Please keep the
Issue Tracker for Bugs only please! Before submitting a
PR please read CONTRIBUTING
Stackoverflow as always is a useful resource, you can post your more complex issues here. The CefSharp Google Group is no longer active. It is however a useful resource for archived questions/answers.
Branches & Forks
This is the
official CefSharp fork, as maintained by the CefSharp community. You can also view the entire network of public forks/branches.
Note Due to so many Forks - Github can't process them through the
Network Graphs Section so, if you need to do a search use the following:
cefsharp fork:true and it will be able to process all of the forks.
Development is done in the
master branch. New features are preferably added in feature branches, if the changes are more than trivial. New
PR's should be targeted against
When a new release is imminent a
release branch is created. We try to avoid making public facing
API changes in
release branches (Adding new features is fine, just not breaking changes).
Every commit on
master produces a
Nuget package. Use at your own risk!
With each release a new branch is created, for example the
53.0.1 release corresponds to the
If you're new to
CefSharp and are downloading the source to check it out, please use a Release branch
|Branch||CEF Version||VC++ Version||.Net Version||Status|
- CefGlue: An alternative .NET CEF wrapper built using P/Invoke.
- ChromiumFx : Another P/Invoke .Net CEF wrapper
- CEF Forum : The official CEF Forum
- CEF API Docs : Well worth a read if you are implementing a new feature
- HtmlView : Visual Studio extension bringing CefSharp for showing HTML pages inside VS.
Projects using CefSharp
- Chromely : Build .NET/.NET Core HTML5 desktop apps using cross-platform native GUI API.