bioacoustics: detect and extract automatically acoustic features in audio recordings
bioacoustics contains all the necessary functions to read audio recordings of various formats, filter noisy files, display audio signals, detect and extract automatically acoustic features for further analysis such as species identification based on classification of animal vocalizations.
It can be subdivided into three main components:
- Read, extract data (not yet implemented), display, and write Zero-Crossing files.
- Stand-alone tools to convert or resample MP3, WAV, and WAC files.
- Read, display, MP3, WAV or WAC files, filter, and extract automatically acoustic features.
- Install stable version from CRAN:
- Install development version from GitHub:
# install.packages("devtools") devtools::install_github("wavx/bioacoustics", build_vignettes = TRUE)
- Contributions are more than welcome, issues and pull requests are the preferred ways of sharing them.
Authors and contributors
Authors: Jean Marchal, Francois Fabianek, Christopher Scott
Contributors: Chris Corben, David Riggs, Peter Wilson