Compatible with wlroots 0.12.0
Release notes coming later.
For detailed list of changes, see the individual PRs.
Wayfire 0.5.0 release. Compatible with wlroots 0.11. For details and breaking changes, see
https://wayfire.org/2020/08/04/Wayfire-0-5.html or the invididual PRs.
Check the release blog post for more details on what has changed.
This is mostly a bug fix release over Wayfire 0.3.0. Compatible with wlroots 0.9.X, wf-shell 0.3 and wf-config 0.3.
Notable changes since 0.3.0:
Xwayland positioning improvements (#308)
tile_by_defaultfrom the simple-tile plugin now accepts a matcher string, so you can tile only certain window types by default (b5e2b4c)
Rotating cube screensaver (028f44a)
Bindings now return a bool indicating whether the binding has been handled (c71d548). This means that WCM can grab key- and button bindings now, instead of having the user manually type them.
With wlroots 0.9.0, the Wayland backend (i.e running Wayfire nested) does not work. This is an issue in wlroots which has already been resolved on the wlroots
master branch and will be available in wlroots 0.9.1
This release of Wayfire is compatible with wlroots 0.8.0
For a summary of the changes, consult the Wayfire blog: (link coming soon)
This is the second release of Wayfire. Compatible with wlroots 0.6
Notable changes since 0.1:
- Wayfire now requires C++14
- Plugin API has been refactored. Internal details are no longer in the public headers.
- Added checks for plugins' ABI compatibility. ALL external plugins need to be updated.
- Support for turning outputs off, DPMS, mirroring outputs
- Support for wlr-output-management - enables tools like https://github.com/emersion/wlr-randr, https://github.com/emersion/kanshi
- Many stability & bug fixes