AppPresser is the first native mobile app development framework for WordPress.
AppPresser allows you to use a WordPress site as an app, including access to device features such as the camera, contacts, and more. You can create your app completely in WordPress, using themes, plugins, and all the stuff you already know.
Developers can use this plugin to make custom apps, or custom extensions for AppPresser. If you are not a developer, please see our website for more information about creating an app with WordPress.
This plugin is not an app-creator in itself, it serves as the core for all app development with AppPresser.
Note: This repository is for code contributors. To use this plugin on your website, please download here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/apppresser/
After cloning this repository, please change the folder name from "AppPresser" to "apppresser" to fix dependency errors.
What this plugin does:
- Integrates Phonegap with WordPress, which exposes the Phonegap API
- Allows you to use other AppPresser plugins and themes to create an app
- Adds a settings page with app-only homepage, menus, and theme settings
What this plugin DOES NOT do:
- It does not automatically create an app for you, or give you a WYSIWYG app creator
- It does not change your site aesthetically
- It does not allow you to test any app features in the browser, (you need Xcode or Eclipse for that)
- It does not build the app for you
How do I use it?
- Install and activate the plugin
- Add AppPresser themes or extensions to create your app
- Build your app yourself with Phonegap, or with our build service
- Distribute to the iOS/Android app stores
If you would like to contribute to the documentation, please fork the AppPresser Documentation GitHub Repo, make your changes, and submit a Pull Request. We will review the changes and let you know if there are any issues, and if not, we'll accept the request.
We are happy to accept contributions, but also want to maintain high quality documentation so that everyone benefits in the end, so we'll work with you to make your contributions top-notch.
- Add noGoBackFlag feature to allow any app to stop the mayGoBack function (appbuddy 0.9.9 initially)
- Fix Android back button when 'disable dynamic page loading' is enabled
- bug fix: Android back button
- Remove static homepage option from customizer
- Add option for posts on mobile homepage
- Standardize text-domains
- Add logging for debugging and customer support
- Stop youtube videos on app exit
- Fix undefined index error
- Add ajax functions for AppTheme
- Started updating changelog again, yay!
- Add support for Facebook connect extension
- Delete unnecessary files
- Update to support Phonegap 3.6.3
- Add option to switch between Phonegap versions
- Bug fixes, translation updates
- Roll back script optimization to fix push notifications and other bugs
- Fix for splashscreen hide
- Enhancement: optimize cordova scripts to only load when needed
- Moved app menu settings to theme customizer exclusively
- Hide app splashscreen on load
- Misc bug fixes
- Fixed annoyance of settings page not returning to the tab you were on when you clicked 'save.'
- Enhancement: New filter, "apppresser_sanitize_setting_$key" for registering your own sanitization callback to override AppPresser's.
- Enhancement: New filter, "apppresser_field_override_$type" for registering your own field type view callback to override AppPresser's.
- Enhancement: Added CMB. Settings API will be re-worked in next versions to use CMB.
- Bug Fix: App-theme settings were not getting displayed if the theme was not active (despite being set as the App-only theme)
- Bug Fix: Theme_mod settings would get the non-theme_mod setting warning asterisk if no value had been saved to them yet.
- Bug Fix: If the "Load AppPresser for Admins Only" setting was not checked, the theme customizer would try to activate the app theme from the customizer.
- Enable theme customizer for the App-only theme while theme is not active. There is now a link to customize the theme below the select dropdown.
- Enhancement: New filter
apppresser_theme_settings_filethat allows you to set the location of your theme's AppPresser settings registration (so your settings show when the theme is not active). Will fallback to looking for
appp-settings.phpfile in the theme root.
- Enhancement: New filter
apppresser_notifications, allows other plugins/themes to add their own notification count.
- Enhancement/Bug Fix: Don't delete license keys and other options if a particular plugin is deactivated at the time of saving.
- Enhancement/Bug Fix: AppPresser "App only theme" option now works with child themes.
- Enhancement: Add a
apppresser_tab_top_$tabhook to match the
- Extensions submenu highlighting available for AppPresser add-ons.
- Addressed some pre-PHP 5.3 notices.
- Bug Fix: White-screen on the front end if selecting a theme in the "App only theme?" setting that does not support AppPresser. An error will now be shown.
appp_get_setting()now accepts a fallback option like
- Bug Fix:
plugins_loadedfiring too early causing conflicts with other plugins.
- Improvement: Check child theme for
app-settings.phpfile as well as parent theme.
- Improvement: Added method for loading AppPresser theme despite aggresively cached web hosts.
- Bug Fix: Conflict causing other themes to appear to need an update.
- Bug Fixes
- Add theme updater and updater API
- Better styling for "MP6"
- Release into the wild!