Next.js WordPress Starter
A headless starter for WordPress powered by Next.js
- Next.js Demo: https://nextjs-wordpress-starter.vercel.app/
- Storybook: https://webdevstudios.github.io/nextjs-wordpress-starter/storybook/
- Documentation: https://webdevstudios.github.io/nextjs-wordpress-starter/
Querying a REST-API or GraphQL endpoint and looping over blog posts is where many tutorials about "headless WordPress" stop. You'd be hard pressed to find a deep-dive into advanced functionality because: headless WordPress is hard.
At WebDevStudios we believe that WordPress is so much more than a blog-- and our clients require support for things like: SEO, menus, forms, previews, search, comments, authentication, custom post types, custom fields, etc...
With this framework, we've figured out the "hard stuff" and placed the sum of our knowledge into something both the community and our future projects could use as a jumping off point.
There are two environments, the backend (WordPress) and the frontend (Next.js). Each environment has its own setup instructions.
Visit https://webdevstudios.github.io/nextjs-wordpress-starter/docs to view all the documentation.
There are many ways to contribute to this project:
- Discuss open issues to help define the future of the project
- Submit bugs and help verify fixes
- Review and discuss pull requests
- Level up the documentation
- Monitor and help answer questions in Github Discussions
This is free software, and released under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or any later version. Please note, that other packages or libraries may be released under different licenses.