Rebooting the Web of Trust II: ID2020 (May 2016)
This repository contains documents related to RWOT2, the second Rebooting the Web of Trust design workshop, which ran in San Francisco, CA, on May 21st & 22nd, 2016. It was run in conjunction with the UN ID2020 Summit on Identity, which occurred at the UN in New York on May 20th, 2016. The goal of the workshop was to generate five technical white papers and/or proposals on topics decided by the group that would have the greatest impact on the future.
Please see the Web of Trust Info website for more information about our community, including upcoming events.
Topics & Advance Readings
In advance of the ID 2020 Design DesignShop, all participants were requested to submit a 1 or 2 page topics paper to be shared with other attendees on either:
- A specific decentralized identity use case related to the topic of the UN ID 2020 Summit
- A specific problem that they wanted to solve with a web-of-trust solution, and why current solutions (PGP or CA-based PKI) can't address the problem?
- A specific solution related to the web-of-trust that you'd like others to use or contribute to?
Please see the Advance Readings README for a listing of all of the papers.
The design workshop successfully completed its five papers, which are now all available online:
by Joe Andrieu, Kevin Gannon, Igor Kruiper, Ajit Tripathi, and Gary Zimmerman
A new way to look at identity, as correlation over time.
by Adrian Gropper, MD
Using Blockchains and DIDs for physician-patient interactions.
by Wayne Hennessy-Barrett
A real-world use case, describing issues of identity in the developing world.
by Drummond Reed and Les Chasen
The first of a series of papers abou tproducing a concrete DID system.
by Christopher Allen and Shannon Appelcline
A look at uses and requirements of next-generation smart signature systems.
Complete Rebooting the Web of Trust Listing
A different repository is available for each of the Rebooting the Web of Trust design workshops:
- Rebooting the Web of Trust I: San Francisco (November 2015)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust II: ID2020 (May 2016)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust III: San Francisco (October 2016)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust IV: Paris (April 2017)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust V: Boston (October 2017)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VI: Santa Barbara (March 2018)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VII: Toronto (September 2018)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VIII: Barcelona (March 2019)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust IX: Prague (September 2019)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust X: Buenos Aires (March 2020)
All of the contents of this directory are licensed Creative Commons CC-BY their contributors.