Rebooting the Web of Trust III: San Francisco (October 2016)
This repository contains documents related to RWOT3, the third Rebooting the Web of Trust design workshop, which ran in San Francisco, CA, on October 19th-21st, 2016. The goal of the workshop was to generate five technical white papers and/or proposals on topics decided by the group that would have the greatest impact on the future.
Please see the Web of Trust Info website for more information about our community, including upcoming events.
Topics & Advance Readings
In advance of the design workshop, all participants produced a one-or-two page topic paper to be shared with the other attendees on either:
- A specific problem that they wanted to solve with a web-of-trust solution, and why current solutions (PGP or CA-based PKI) can't address the problem?
- A specific solution related to the web-of-trust that you'd like others to use or contribute to?
Please see the Advance Readings README for a listing of all of the papers.
The design workshop exceeded its mandate by producing seven papers, which are now all available online:
by Drummond Reed, Les Chasen, Christopher Allen, and Ryan Grant
The complete draft of the Decentralized IDentifier (DID) model and syntac, a project that has run through the RWOT workshops to date.
by Manu Sporny with Christopher Allen, Harlan Wood, and Jason Law
A short overview of enhancements to Digital Verification that came out of RWOT III.
by Daniel Hardman, Kaliya “Identity Woman” Young, and Matthew Schutte
A discussion of the dangers of transferring wisdom into the digital world, seen through the lenses of vulnerability, shadows, healing, tensions, complexity and gestalt, and organizational choices.
by Daniel Buchner, Wayne Vaughan, and Ryan Shea
An overview of the hubs datastore system.
by Joe Andrieu and Bob Clint
An Information Lifecycle Engagement Model that offers a use case for a Syrian refugee.
by Christopher Allen, Tim Daubenschütz, Manu Sporny, Noah Thorp, Harlan Wood, Glenn Willen, and Alessandro Voto
A model and proof-of-concept implementation for decentralized verification.
by Dr. Shaun Conway, Lohan Spies, Jonathan Endersby, and Tim Daubenschütz
Bringing together COALA IP and Consent to deal with digital intellectual property.
Complete Rebooting the Web of Trust Listing
A different repository is available for each of the Rebooting the Web of Trust design workshops:
- Rebooting the Web of Trust I: San Francisco (November 2015)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust II: ID2020 (May 2016)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust III: San Francisco (October 2016)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust IV: Paris (April 2017)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust V: Boston (October 2017)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VI: Santa Barbara (March 2018)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VII: Toronto (September 2018)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VIII: Barcelona (March 2019)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust IX: Prague (September 2019)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust X: Buenos Aires (March 2020)
All of the contents of this directory are licensed Creative Commons CC-BY their contributors.