Rebooting the Web of Trust IV: Paris (April 2017)
This repository contains documents related to RWOT4, the fourth Rebooting the Web of Trust design workshop, which ran in Paris, France, on April 19th-21st, 2017. The goal of the workshop was to generate five technical white papers and/or proposals on topics decided by the group that would have the greatest impact on the future.
Please see the Web of Trust Info website for more information about our community, including upcoming events.
Topics & Advance Readings
In advance of the design workshop, all participants produced a one-or-two page topic paper to be shared with the other attendees on either:
- A specific problem that they wanted to solve with a web-of-trust solution, and why current solutions (PGP or CA-based PKI) can't address the problem?
- A specific solution related to the web-of-trust that you'd like others to use or contribute to?
Please see the Advance Readings README for a listing of all of the papers.
The design workshop met its goal of three to five white papers with three total.
Design Considerations for Decentralized Reputation Systems
by Angus Champion de Crespigny, Dmitry Khovratovich, Florent Blondeau, Klara Sok, Philippe Honigman, Nikolaos Alexopoulos, Fabien Petitcolas, and Shaun Conway
Ten design considerations for the creation of decentralized reputation systems.
LD Signature Format Alignment
by Kim Hamilton Duffy, Rodolphe Marques, Markus Sabadello, and Manu Sporny
Bringing JSON-LD signatures into alignment with JOSE JSON Web Signature (JWS) standards.
Re-Imagining What Users Really Want
by Joe Andrieu, Frederic Engel, Adam Lake, Moses Ma, Olivier Maas, and Mark van der Waal
Five people, five opportunities for self-sovereign identity.
Complete Rebooting the Web of Trust Listing
A different repository is available for each of the Rebooting the Web of Trust design workshops:
- Rebooting the Web of Trust I: San Francisco (November 2015)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust II: ID2020 (May 2016)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust III: San Francisco (October 2016)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust IV: Paris (April 2017)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust V: Boston (October 2017)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VI: Santa Barbara (March 2018)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VII: Toronto (September 2018)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VIII: Barcelona (March 2019)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust IX: Prague (September 2019)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust X: Buenos Aires (March 2020)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust XI: Netherlands (September 2022)
All of the contents of this directory are licensed Creative Commons CC-BY their contributors.