If you will be attending Rebooting the Web of Trust Spring 2018 in Santa Barbara, California, please upload your topic papers and advanced readings to this directory with a pull request (or, if you don't know how, post an issue).
Topics & Advance Readings
In advance of the design workshop, all participants produced a one-or-two page topic paper to be shared with the other attendees on either:
- A specific problem that they wanted to solve with a web-of-trust solution, and why current solutions (PGP or CA-based PKI) can't address the problem?
- A specific solution related to the web-of-trust that you'd like others to use or contribute to?
Here are the advanced readings to date:
- Attribute Based Credentials and Variable Length Data Graphs by nage
- Blockchain Timestamps Unnecessary In Proof-of-Work? by Greg Slepak
- BTCR DID Resolver by Kim Hamilton Duffy, Christopher Allen, Ryan Grant
- Collegial Certifcation Works for Truly Collegial Communities by Wes Kussmaul
- Credential Providers for Signing Application Requests by Cedric Franz
- DClaims News - A Fake News Mitigation Platform by João Santos
- Decentralized Attestations Storage - Current Challenges by Kulpreet Singh
- Decentralized Identities for the Cannabis Industry by Matthew Nguyen & Nicholas Shook
- Decentralized Interfaces and the Request-Responsive World by Vlad Kahoun
- Decentralized Self-certifying Self-Identifing Data by Samuel M. Smith
- A Demonstration of the Veres One Blockchain by David I. Lehn, Manu Sporny, David Longley, Matt Collier, and Chris Webber
- DID-Auth Protocol by Kyle Den Hartog
- DID Auth: Scope, Formats, and Protocols by Markus Sabadello
- did:erc725 method by Markus Sabadello, Fabian Vogelsteller, and Peter Kolarov email@example.com
- Distributed Reputation Systems Using Blockchain Records by Kate Sills
- Hashed PII Question by Identity Woman
- The Horcrux Protocol: A Method for Decentralized Biometric-based Self-sovereign Identity by Asem Othman & John Callahan
- Identity System for Immersive and Ambient Computing by Alberto Elias
- Integrating Identity Silos via Address Books by vishal144
- Open Badges Prototypes and Action Items 2018 by Nate Otto and Kim (Hamilton) Duffy
- Open TLS by Sam Curren
- Open Verifiable Data to Drive the Digital Economy by John Jordan
- Petnames for Self Sovereign and Human Readable Identifiers by Christopher Lemmer Webber
- Proposed Collaboration on Open Standards for Data Wallet and Data Service Integration by Ron Kreutzer
- Recent Happenings with Linked Data Capabilities by Christopher Lemmer Webber
- Self-sovereign Compliance by Moses Ma
- The Three Primary Roles in the Sovrin Web of Trust Model by Drummond Reed
- Towards a Sustainable Technology Commons by Heather Vescent
- Using Blockchain to Store Academic Accreditations by Luiz Gustavo Ferraz Aoqui and Andrei Moskalev
- Veres One Primer by Manu Sporny, et. al.
- The Veres One DID Method by Manu Sporny, David Longley, and Chris Webber
- Veres One Demo by David I. Lehn, et. al.
- Web of Pragmatics: A Comment on Methodology by D. Crocker
These primers overview major topics which are likely to be discussed at the design workshop. If you read nothing else, read these. (But really, read as much as you can!)