Rebooting the Web of Trust IX: Prague (September 2019)
This repository contains documents related to RWOT9, the ninth Rebooting the Web of Trust design workshop, which will be held in Prague, the Czech Republic, September 3rd to 6th, 2019.
The goal of the workshop is to generate five technical white papers and/or proposals on topics decided by the group that would have the greatest impact on the future.
Visit Eventbrite for more information and to purchase tickets.
Topics & Advance Readings
In advance of the design workshop, all participants are invited to contribute a one-or-two page topic paper to be shared with the other attendees on either:
- A specific problem that they wanted to solve with a web-of-trust solution, and why current solutions (PGP or CA-based PKI) can't address the problem?
- A specific solution related to the web-of-trust that you'd like others to use or contribute to?
Please see the Topics & Advance Readings directory for all the current papers (and how to upload yours).
These primers overview major topics which are likely to be discussed at the design workshop. If you read nothing else, read these. (But really, read as much as you can!)
- DID Primer — Decentralized Identifiers (extended version also available)
- Functional Identity Primer — A different way to look at identity
- Verifiable Credentials Primer — the project formerly known as Verifiable Claims
- Glossary of Terms — a brief dictionary of technical terms used at RWOT
Complete Rebooting the Web of Trust Listing
A different repository is available for each of the Rebooting the Web of Trust design workshops:
- Rebooting the Web of Trust I: San Francisco (November 2015)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust II: ID2020 (May 2016)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust III: San Francisco (October 2016)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust IV: Paris (April 2017)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust V: Boston (October 2017)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VI: Santa Barbara (March 2018)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VII: Toronto (September 2018)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust VIII: Barcelona (March 2019)
- Rebooting the Web of Trust IX: Prague (September 2019)
All of the contents of this directory are licensed Creative Commons CC-BY their contributors.