Forms Plugin for Wheelhouse CMS
This gem makes it easy to add customizable forms (such as contact forms) into your Wheelhouse CMS site, via an easy-to-use form builder. Form submissions are saved within the CMS and may optionally be emailed to one or more recipients.
The following field types are supported:
- single-line text (with HTML5 input types)
- text areas
- select/dropdown box
- single checkboxes
- checkbox set
- radio button set
- US/Australian states dropdown
- countries dropdown
- HTML content
- custom fields
- nesting within field sets
Other features include:
- server-side and HTML5 form validation
- CSV export of submissions
- optional spam filtering (via Akismet)
Installation & Usage
wheelhouse-forms to your Gemfile:
2. Create a new form from the New Page dropdown.
3. To customize, copy the
form.html.haml template from
app/templates to your theme templates folder.
Spam Filtering with Akismet
Spam filtering support requires an Akismet API key. Sign up for one at https://akismet.com/signup/.
rakismet to your Gemfile:
2. Add your Akismet API key and web site URL to
config.rakismet.key = "1234abcd1234" config.rakismet.url = "http://www.example.com/"
3. Restart your Rails server. The forms plugin will automatically use Rakismet if it is configured.