Table of Contents
The PageReviews extension is a MediaWiki extension under development which allows class groups to use a Wiki as a more traditional learning environment. Each page can be assigned an optional owner, or a list of owners. This corresponds to how studens are given particular assignments in a traditional classroom. Students edit their pages and are able to leave reviews on the pages of others.
Each review consists of a score and a short text comment.
1) Setup the SQL tables. Depending on your user credentials and database name,
this incantation might work for you:
mysql -u root -p wikidb < tables.sql
2) Setup the review scores in the Database. An example SQL file has been added
that adds numerical scores 1-4 by default. To use this default system, again depending on your credentials and database, this incantation might work:
mysql -u root -p wikidb < reviews4.sql
3) Copy all contents of the repository, except the .sql files, to the
/extension/PeerReview directory in your wiki installation.
4) Add a link to /extensions/PeerReview/PeerReview.js to your wiki. There are a
number of ways to do this.
5) Add this line to your LocalSettings.php:
include_once( "$IP/extensions/PeerReview/PeerReview.php" );
Original version developed by Jason Grafinger and Andrew Whitworth with support from the Wittie research group.