Network Configuration for Whonix-Gateway
Includes etc/network/interfaces.d/30_non-qubes-whonix for Non-Qubes-Whonix-Gateway.
Sets up two network interfaces, an external one eth0 and an internal one eth1.
DNS configuration Anonymity Linux Distribution Gateways
- Pointing /etc/resolv.conf to 127.0.0.1.
- Whether a Anonymity Linux Distribution Gateway supports system DNS for its own traffic in the clear or anonymized mainly depends on the Gateway's firewall.
- Routing the workstation's system DNS through the anonymizer (also known as Transparent DNS Proxy) or not is up to the Gateway's firewall as well.
How to install
whonix-gw-network-conf using apt-get
1. Download the APT Signing Key.
Users can check the Signing Key for better security.
2. Add the APT Signing Key..
sudo cp ~/derivative.asc /usr/share/keyrings/derivative.asc
3. Add the derivative repository.
echo "deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/derivative.asc] https://deb.whonix.org bullseye main contrib non-free" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/derivative.list
4. Update your package lists.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install whonix-gw-network-conf
How to Build deb Package from Source Code
Can be build using standard Debian package build tools such as:
generic-package with the actual name of this package
- A) easy, OR
- B) including verifying software signatures
whonix-gw-network-conf requires donations to stay alive!