This repository contains a great deal of my dotfiles and configurations. This repo is used to:
- Sync configurations between my machines.
- Keep a backup of my configurations.
- Keep old revisions of my configurations.
- Quickly configure new machines (after installing a certain list of packages, syncing this repo should have a new desktop just I like it).
I decided to make these public, for three reasons:
- Some of the applications I use have few examples. Google will surely point users seeking more here.
- To share yet another "perfect mutt setup", which uses mutt+offlineimap+notmuch+opensmtpd.
- The quickly share config files with friends who are curious on how I achieved something.
I use homesick to keep this repository in sync with my actual dotfiles using symlinks.
Feel free to reuse these files as you see fit. I don't think most they even qualify as "software" for them to actually require a license, if you think they do, feel free to reuse them under the terms of the BSD license.
Mutt + offlineimap + notmuch + opensmtpd + vdirsyncer.
I use mutt-kz for viewing and composing email, which offlineimap syncs locally. Notmuch indexes emails for faster searches, and opensmtpd relays outgoing emails, algo keeping them in queue if I'm offline and auto-delivering when I re-gain internet connection.
The entire setup provides very fast access to my entire mailbox - even offline, while keeping everything synced as much as possible.
I use systemd to manage my X or Wayland sessions. It starts various applications (eg: window manager, offlineimap, sxhkd, caffeine-ng), monitors them, and restarts them in case of failure.
I use sxhkd for global keybindings. I've chosen it due to it's simple configuration syntax, simplicity, and lightweightness. I prefer not to use my WM for global keybindings, since using something like sxhkd allows me to swich WM easier if I choose to do so.
You should run
:PlugInstall to install all vim plugins. Some additional
utilities are required in your
flake8 for python, etc.
The following commands should be run manually after symlinking:
echo -e ':PlugInstall\n' | nvim chsh -s $(which zsh)
Copyright (c) 2012-2017, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera <firstname.lastname@example.org>