Why R? 2019 Workshops, 27.09.2019
Place: Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, Długa 44/50, 00-241 Warsaw, Poland
All Day-Workshop (9:00-12:30 + 14:00-17:00)
- Introduction to modern Generalized Additive Models in R (with mgcv) Matteo Fasiolo, University of Bristol
GAMs are powerful enough to be a cornerstone of the Prophet software developed by Facebook. Matteo Fasiolo (University of Bristol), an author of two popular GAM-related R packages, will teach how to utilize these models to their full potential.
Morning Session (9:00 - 12:30)
- data.table introduction & time-series
- auditor + DALEX: a powerful duet for validation and explanation of machine learning models,
- Shiny Basics,
- Theo Roe, Jumping Rivers
- Machine Learning Pipelines and Reproducible Research with mlr3 and drake,
- Jakob Richter (Technical University of Dortmund) and Patrick Schratz (LMU Munich).
Afternoon Session (14:00 - 17:30)
- Straightforward introduction to Deep Learning in R (with Keras)
- Mikołaj Olszewski and Mikołaj Bogucki iDash
- „Black is the new White” - using eXplainable Artificial Intelligence in Business,
- Marcin Chlebus, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, Data Juice Lab, Data Dontus
- Speeding up R wih C++ (Rcpp) - from basics to more advanced applications,
- Piotr Wójcik, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw,
- Basics of spatial data analysis
- Jakub Nowosad (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan).