Kyte XRP Wallet
Awesome XRP Wallet; VueJS, NodeJS / Webpack / SCSS / ripple-lib, etc.
Work in progress ;)
Code is stable and OK for now. Code will be cleaned up in the near future. However: app is 100% functioning, you can:
- Add (read only) wallets by public key (wallet address)
- Add wallets by:
- Secret key (sXXXXXX...)
- HEX secret key
- Mnemonic words (ledger, etc.)
- List last 100 transactions
- Create and send transactions
If you add a wallet using your secret or memonic, you will be asked to enter a passphrase. Your passphrase should contain at least 6 words.
Your secret key will be saved on your local device, but it will be encrypted using your passphrase. So please pick a safe one. You can always check your transactions and balance, however: if you want to submit a transaction you'll have to enter your passphrase.
Want to know how we encrypt your secret? Check the
encrypt method at
/src/components/AddWallet.vue. We use
CryptoJS.AES for this.
Most recent build
The most recent build will be published at https://kyteapp.co (static HTML+CSS+JS at DigitalOcean). Please check the network-console: after the inital download of HTML+CSS+JS no connections to the internet will be made except for the connections to rippled (
PLEASE NOTE!! The app is in BETA, the design and code is not ready yet!
Todo (not ready, still working on it!)
- Code Cleanup
- Air Gapped TX generation
- Air Gapped TX (in), online submit
- iOS / Android App using PhoneGap
- Desktop (Windows / Linux / OSX) app using Electron
Known limitations (BETA)
- Design not as promised (we started with the tech., design live in a few weeks)
- Only USD and EUR supported (todo: add multiple currencies)
- Exchange rate only from Bitstamp (todo: settings with multiple exchange rate sources)
- Limited offline functionality
- No native app, not in app stores
Why would you trust this app?
That's up to you, however: the app:
- Is open source
- Doesn't connect to the internet, besides the connection to rippled-servers (ledger)
- Is created by XRP enthusiasts (created the XRP Tip Bot for Reddit as well
What NOT to expect
In-app wallet generation. Kyte will never generate your wallet. Please generate your wallet somewhere else (offline) and keep your secret safe!!!
If you don't trust the public build, checkout & build your own:
# install dependencies npm install # serve with hot reload at localhost:8080 npm run dev # build for production with minification npm run build
/dist/ folder after building ;)