Dory should have a blog to write before she forgets.
So don't be like her else you'll have many regrets.
And don't tell Dory she needs the internets.
Dory is a responsive, universal, GitHub collaborated blogging platform built on React and powered by Express. By combining awesome features such as automatic RSS generation, HTML5 offline support, push notifications, with a powerful development environment using hot reloading, SASS and Markdown, Dory allows developers to quickly dive into the depths of blogging.
Getting started with Dory is a fairly straightforward task — however we have broken up the various steps to make this even easier. By step three you will be publishing posts to Heroku.
- Getting Started
- Travis & Heroku
- GitHub Authentication
- Redis Authentication
- Modifying Options
- Integrates native Markdown support for generating blog posts;
- Instantaneous publishing to Heroku for each post via Travis CI;
- Supports Webpack Hot Reloading for rapid development;
- Generates a valid RSS feed when you publish articles;
- Utilises HTML5
ServiceWorkerfor offline support;
- Automatically pings via Ping-o-matic to notify of updates;
- Generates a
sitemap.xmlwith automatic XSLT styling;
- Integrates Disqus for post commenting when enabled via
- Seamlessly applies background sync for posting comments when offline;
- Implements the HTML5 Push API for notifying users of added posts;
- Allows integration of generic pages – such as about and contact us;
- Have an idea?