Frostwalk Game Console
Frostwalk Game Console is a Unity package by Frostwalk Studio for creating in-game and developer consoles. The framework has been developed to allow for flexible and easy command additions, and it is very easy to make extensions to the framework.
The framework comes with the following features:
- Create individual consoles to allow for multiple different consoles in one project.
- Automatically detects commands. Just subclass the Command class and the GameConsole class will add it to the list. You can, of course, override this behavior.
- Flexible commands. Parse the arguments however you want and control the behavior of the commands however you wish.
- Building on that last point, commands can be activated by any number of aliases you desire (e.g. spawn and create do the same thing).
- Utility methods to make creating new commands a lot cleaner and less painful.
- Built-in help syntax (accessed through
The package also comes with an example developer console, which has the following features:
- Basic error checking.
- Text log display with a scrolling view.
- Keep previous commands in memory for quick access (with the up and down arrows on the keyboard).
- Automatic text log purging when it gets too long.
How to Use
- Download the package from the github releases.
- You will need a class or multiple classes to manage your console(s). Look at the developer console example for an idea of how to do this.
- You need to extend from the abstract class Command from the Frostwalk.GameConsole namespace to create your own commands. You'll need to override a couple of methods. The developer console example project has a couple of commands you can look at.