jQuery Mobile Framework
How to build your own jQuery Mobile CSS and JS files
Clone this repo and build the js and css files (you'll need Git and Make installed):
git clone git://github.com/jquery/jquery-mobile.git cd jquery-mobile make
If you think you've found a bug, please report it by following these instructions:
- Visit the Issue tracker: https://github.com/jquery/jquery-mobile/issues
- Create an issue explaining the problem and expected result
- Be sure to include any relevant information for reproducing the issue
- Include information such as:
- Browser/device (with version #)
- The version of the jQuery Mobile code you're running
- If you are running from a git version, include the date and/or hash number
- Make sure that the bug still exists at http://jquerymobile.com/test/ as it may be fixed already
- You can use the CDN hosted JS and CSS files to test in your own code by using:
- Include a link to some code of the bug in action. You can use either of these services to host your code
- Submit the issue.
To contribute code and bug fixes to jQuery Mobile: fork this project on Github, make changes to the code in your fork, and then send a "pull request" to notify the team of updates that are ready to be reviewed for inclusion.
Detailed instructions can be found at jQuery Mobile Patching
Running the jQuery Mobile demos & docs locally
To preview locally, you'll need to clone a local copy of this repository and point your Apache & PHP webserver at its root directory (a webserver is required, as PHP and .htaccess are used for combining development files).
If you don't currently have a webserver running locally, there are a few options.
If you're on a Mac, you can try dropping jQuery Mobile into your sites folder and turning on Web Sharing via System Prefs. From there, you'll find a URL where you can browse folders in your sites directory from a browser.
Another quick way to get up and running is to download and install MAMP for Mac OSX. Once installed, just open MAMP, click preferences, go to the Apache tab, and select your local jQuery Mobile folder as the root. Then you can open a browser to http://localhost:8888 to preview the code.
Another alternative is XAMPP (Mac, Windows). You need to actually modify Apache's httpd.conf to point to your checkout: Instructions
You need the following Apache modules loaded:
- Rewrite (mod_rewrite.so)
- Expire (mod_expires.so)
- Header (mod_headers.so)