Django and a Blog
A blog app that is only intended to embed within an existing Django site.
- Free software: BSD license (source)
- Compatible with Django 1.7 and 1.8
- Compatible with Python 3.4, 3.3 and 2.7
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 install-usage
This list will likely grow slowly. Priorities are Bug Fixes > Django Release Compatibility > Bad Jokes > Features.
- Blog administration through Django admin
- Markdown, Textile or plain text support through django-markitup
- Blog Entry tag management through django-taggit.
- Template block names are prefixed as to not conflict with the those used by the site.
- A URL hierarchy to include at /blog (or wherever)
- A Django sitemaps EntrySitemap class
- Preview content/image fields for entry for tighter control of how a blog entry looks in a listing w/fallback to truncation.
- A base class for an entries feed
- Utilizing a site-provided profile page as the author profile page
- Easy comment integration. Simply override a template snippet
- Support for custom User Models
- Django migrations
- Class based generic views that can be used directly
- A demo application.
- Django upgrade friendly: Most recently released major Django version and 1 back
These features are right out. If you are looking for one of them, andablog may not be right for you.
- A User model. Andablog uses the settings.auth_user_model relation string for the author.
- Author Profile pages. These can be implemented by the site and linked to by andablog.
- Comments on blog entries. Though help is provided. In the form of a template snippet reference as well as a template tag that can be used for user display/linking.
- Constructing the author display name or URL. A provided User model must implement get_short_name for author display and get_absolute_url for author profile linking.
- Search. Since Andablog is only intended to be packaged with an existing site it would most likely become redundant.
- Support for 3 or more Django major releases. Sorry, if you want to proceed you will have to fork until your site catches up.
Trying out the demo site
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 demo-site
Contributing to the project
Checkout the project page