Example code and data for "Practical Data Science with R, 2nd Edition" by Nina Zumel and John Mount, Manning 2019.
- The support site: GitHub WinVector/PDSwR2
The code and data in this directory supports examples from:
- Chapter 2: Loading data into R
- Chapter 7: Using Linear and Logistic Regression
- Chapter 9: Exploring Advanced Methods
- Appendix A: Working with R And Other Tools
This data is derived from the 2016 US Census American Community Survay (ACS) Public Use Microdata Sample (PUMS)
File in this directory
- README.md : this document
- ACS2016_PUMS_README.pdf : documentation from the census.
- PUMSDataDict16.txt : text data dictionary from the census.
- data_dict.csv : data dictionary converted to a tall table for use.
- download : directory with scripts for downloading, sampling, and re-coding the census data.
- PUMSsample.RDS : example sample of households (by census weight) and matching people records.
- PUMS1.Rmd : R-markdown example slice of census sample.
- PUMS1.md : markdown output of PUMS1.Rmd.
- psub.RDS : data result of PUMS1.Rmd.
License for additional documentation, notes, code, and example data:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
No guarantee, indemnification or claim of fitness is made regarding any of these items.
No claim of license on works of others or derived data.