PowerShell Module for displaying Windows 10 Toast Notifications
PowerShell Gallery Install (Requires PowerShell v5)
Install-Module -Name BurntToast
See the PowerShell Gallery for the complete details and instructions.
Download BurntToast.zip and extract the contents into
C:\Users\[User]\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\modules\BurntToast (you may have to create these directories if they don't exist.)
New-BurntToastNotification -Text "Don't forget to smile!", 'Your script ran successfully, celebrate!' -AppLogo C:\smile.jpg
New-BurntToastNotification -Text 'WAKE UP!' -Sound 'Alarm2' -SnoozeAndDismiss
Please note: as of v0.5.0, BurntToast no longer works on Windows 8.
- Bleeding Edge (Development/Raw Repo - CAUTION)
- Small bug fixes (thanks for opening issues!)
- Confirmed: Now ONLY works on Windows 10
- BurntToast now has its own, original, logo!
- New public function to adjust function level of module: Set-BTFunctionLevel
- Implemented checking for and registering of AppId in the registry to ensure proper Toast behaviour in the Action Center
- Converted to using the UWP Community Toolkit.
- Snooze and Dismiss now available and working.
- Documentation is out of date, this will be polished in the next release.
- v0.4.0 - Last version that supports Windows 8
- Credential parameter added so toasts can be generated for regular user when running PowerShell host as a different (e.g. Admin) account.
- Help has been added
- Toasts can be silent with -Silent switch
- General bug fixes
- see TODO file
- see LICENSE file