- Improve focus state for button block.
- Reduce specificity of block styles to make it easier for themes to style the editor.
- Optimize data subscribers to avoid unnecessary work on each editor change.
- Avoid overlapping block breadcrumb when block movers are visible for full- and wide-aligned blocks.
- Preload user permissions for reusable blocks to avoid UI flickering for block settings menu options.
- Remove unnecessary bottom padding for nested lists.
- Restore block movers to focus mode.
- Improve display of categories list panel.
- Restore block movers to full- and wide-aligned blocks.
- Always show drag handles for nested blocks, even when only a single block exists.
- Improve HTML output for formatted text.
- Fix an error preventing registerFormatType to be called wrongly indicated as duplicate.
- Resolve problematic post lock release behavior when leaving the editor when using newer versions of Chrome.
- Resolve an issue to detect autosave presence at editor load in considering saveability.
- Resolve a typo which could interfere with audio shortcode transforms.
- Apply RichText attributes correctly to resolve an issue with registerFormatType.
- Preserve attributes of a multi-line classic block paragraph.
- Resolve an issue for Windows and Linux development mode due to a access key safeguard.
- Refactor a number of core blocks toward better interoperability with the Blocks RFC: , , , .
- Move selection state for RichText components to the block editor store, to enable future work to resolve or improve selection behavior.
- Change the behavior of reusable blocks autocomplete to fetch upon input, improving reliability of tests and avoiding unnecessary network requests.
- Allow development mode constant to be redefined by plugins.
- Improve reliability of e2e tests: , , .
- Avoid running files contained in the git subfolder as tests.
- Resolve an issue with e2e errors related to dependencies updates.
- Add a new ESLint rule to enforce accessible use of BaseControl.
- Remove redundant CSS styles.
- Add e2e tests for dynamic allowed blocks, transforms from media to embed block, explicit persistence undo regression.
- Add a new
wpDataSelecte2e test utility.
- Include a React hooks ESLint configuration.
- Add a new Webpack plugin to help externalize and extract script dependencies (not yet published).
- Include auto-generated documentation for core data module actions and selectors.
- Update contributing documentation to extract detailed sections to their own documents.
- Document the withGlobalEvents higher-order component creator.
- Add related resources for BlockEditor components.
- Clarify requirements for e2e-test-utils package.
- Exclude private, experimental, and unstable APIs from auto-generated data documentation.
- Include missing DropZone component props in documentation.
- Mention component stylesheets in usage instructions.
- Update copy/paste support list to reflect paste support of images from Microsoft Word and Libre/Open Office.
- Add missing "Code is Poetry" footers.
- Improve Travis build performance by expanding containers for e2e tests.
- Refine transitions for bottom sheets.
- Extract a HorizontalRule component for use in a cross-platform separator block.
- Fix an error with changing list types.
- Avoid setting caret when rich-text text will be trimmed.
- Fix title not focusing.
- Improve post title accessibility.
- Improve image block accessibility for deselected, and selected states.
- Add accessibility label for unselected paragraph.
- Fix history stack when not empty on a fresh start of the editor.
- Improve Heading block accessibility.
- Make accessibility string properly localizable.
- Update string concatenation for accessibility labels.