This theme an experiment using block-based templates and theme starter content to bootstrap a WordPress site.
- Create a fresh WordPress site
- Clone this repository or upload a zip into the site’s
- Install and activate the Gutenberg and Jetpack plugins
- Enable the Full Site Editing and Full Site Editing Demo Templates experiments in
Gutenberg > Experimentspanel:
- Ensure the "Contact Form" module is enabled within Jetpack:
- Visit the Customizer and hit "Publish"
How this theme was developed
The following resources helped to become familiar with the concepts applied in this theme:
- Block-based themes (Experimental)
- Full Site Editing feature development in Gutenberg
- Theme starter content
The steps to developing a theme using block templates with starter content are as follows:
- Developed block templates using the editor.
- Copy and paste those templates into static files in the
- Define the starter content for the site in
You can watch an explanation of how it works here: