Should I post an issue?
- If your issue is related to individual payments or account support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org instead of posting the issue here.
- Pro Tip! If you think you've found an exploit, don't post the issue here. Instead, private message a moderator on our forums at https://forums.wynncraft.com/
Posting an issue
Creating a new issue on the tracker is simple:
- Use the search bar on the top navigation bar to search for your issue first.
- If, for example, if you searched for "pelier", which is the name of a piece of armour in WynnCraft, the search would return this message: We couldn't find any code matching 'pelier'. That tells you that your search found nothing in code, which is the default search type, but the WynnCraft GitHub Issue Tracker is not used for code.
- There is an option in the search results on the far left to switch your search from Code to Issues. Switch to Issues.
- The search page now says: We've found XY issues, and on the far left, under the heading States, you find that some are closed, and some are open. On the far right side of the page, you see that the default search listing is by Best Match.
- Change the search listing to Newest, and scroll through the page(s). Some issues may be marked with a green tag of an exclamation point in a circle. Those issues are still open. The other listed issues, with red tags, are closed.
- If, however, you searched for "trout", which, at this time, is not used in the WynnCraft game, you would get the message: We couldn't find any code matching 'trout'. Then switching to Issues, you would get the message We couldn't find any issues matching 'trout'. That tells you that your search found nothing, because there was nothing to find, and you have a new issue.
- Head to https://github.com/Wynncraft/Issues/issues/new
- Give the issue an appropriate title. Powders not working instead of Powders. - Remember, specific titles can help us eradicate duplicates on the public and internal issue tracker.
- Describe the issue with a short summary, followed by steps on how to reproduce the issue - http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax describes the syntax to use for formatting.
Pro Tip! Although this step is optional it's really helpful when (if possible) you can include a screenshot of the issue that you're describing (drag and drop works).
A Word to The Wise: As of 5/8/2016, if you post an image that shows that you have entity radar turned on in a minimap, that information may be passed on to the game moderators, without further notice to you. Play Fair!