Release 3.7.4 3/4/2014
New in 3.7.4 (see CHANGELOG for full history):
- Fixed security holes listed in "Multiple vulnerabilities in X2Engine" published on The HauntIT Blog
- Fixed Bugs:
773: If a user lacks edit permission on that field but that field has a default value (like in Service Cases) the default value will not save.
947: Unable to resolve the request "quotes/id/update".
948: nameId field of 'Sample Quote Template' doc is null
- 949: Template attribute of quotes is not a proper nameId ref
- 977: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE: Invalid datetime format: 1292 Truncated incorrect DOUBLE value: '18.104.22.168'
- 773: If a user lacks edit permission on that field but that field has a default value (like in Service Cases) the default value will not save.
- Fixed unlisted bugs:
- Campaigns issues with listId being a malformed reference to list records, and improper validation (i.e. "List cannot be blank")
- Broken download links/extreme slowness in contacts export tool
Welcome to X2CRM! X2CRM is a next-generation, open source social sales application for small and medium sized businesses. X2CRM was designed to streamline contact and sales actions into one compact blog-style user interface. Add to this contact and colleague social feeds and sales representatives become smarter and more effective resulting in increased sales and higher customer satisfaction.
X2CRM is unique in the crowded Customer Relationship Management (CRM) field
with its compact blog-style user interface. Interactive and collaborative tools
which users are already familiar with from social networking sites such as
tagging, pictures, docs, web pages, group chat, discussions boards and rich mobile and tablet apps are combined within a compact and fast contact sales management application. Reps are able to make more sales contacts while leveraging the combined social intelligence of peers enabling them to add more value to their customer interactions resulting in higher close rates.
- A web server that can execute PHP
- A password-protected MySQL database server connection, and a database on which the user of the connection has full permissions rights (i.e. SELECT, DROP, CREATE and UPDATE)
- PHP 5.3 or later
- PHP must be run as the same system user that owns the directory where X2CRM will be installed
- The server must have internet access for automatic updates
- The server must be publicly accessible for web lead capture, service requests and email tracking to work
X2CRM comes with a requirements check script, requirements.php (also can be found in x2engine/protected/components/views), which can be uploaded by itself to your server. Simply visit the script in your browser to see if your server will run X2CRM.
- Upload X2Engine to the web directory of your choice. Be sure to set your FTP client to use binary mode.
- Create a new MySQL database for X2Engine to use
- Browse to the x2engine folder and you will be redirected to the installer.
- Fill out the form, click install, and that's it!
- You are now ready to use X2Engine. If you chose to install Dummy Data, you will have numerous sample records (i.e. about 1100 contacts) to play with.
As we don't have access to your server, you'll need to create a cronjob to make the server send out action reminders. You can either do this on your own server or use a free service on the internet to run it for you. All you need to do is have the cronjob access the url once a day to send out action reminders:
http://www.[yourserver].com/[path to x2engine]/actions/sendReminder
Most of the included language packs were produced by copy/paste from Google Translate and copy/paste. If you have any corrections, suggestions or custom language packs, please feel free to post them on www.x2community.com
We greatly appreciate your input for internationalization!
X2CRM is designed to be intuitive, but we have included a few tips and tricks to get you started!
- To change the background color, menu color, language or any other setting, click on Profile in the top right and select 'Settings'.
- The admin's settings can be found from the admin page, as well as a variety of other tools to help you manage the application.
- Contacts are ordered by most recently updated by default, but this can be changed by clicking on one of the other attributes to sort them differently.
- It is not recommended to use the Import Data function on the admin tab UNLESS you are importing data that was exported from a prior version. The template is very finnicky and prone to bugs, so if you do it without using properly exported data, we take no responsibility for errors.
- The .htaccess file may cause issues on some servers. If you get a 500 Internal Server Error when you try to load the installer, delete the .htaccess file (the application will still work without it.)
- eAccelerator may cause PHP errors on various pages ("Invalid Opcode"). This is due to a bug in eAccelerator, and can be fixed by disabling or updating eAccelerator.