Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Here's whats in this bug fix release:
- Scroll bars work again - the implementation of panning caused the scroll bars to be treated as content
- Fixed up a few issues with the notification tray. Hopefully this also resolves some unreproducible issues seen on Linux
- Threads (specifically the SoundThread) are now being closed down properly
- Right click on the map now gives the correct alarm distance on the contextual menu
- ESS units in a system no longer reset your character location
Adds the ability to pan the map by dragging the content area. Parser got a little smarter with regard to "clear?" vs "clear". The latter will trigger an alarm, the former will no longer trigger. Scroll position is remembered separately for each region.
Fixes #74 - a jump line was out of place; changes to support Python 3; Querious added to the Region menu.
Fixes issues introduced in version 1.1.0
- Fixes the unhandled exception handler so the errors are usable in the logs
- Fix threading error on Windows
- Set up paths first thing to simplify startup
- Added an info dialog for new users with no known characters
This bug fix release resolves some major problems with the map. Here is what has changed:
- Jump bridges and character location now render correctly on the combined Provi / Catch map. A new cleaned-up map was generated and the code now takes the system transform into account everywhere when placing annotations (tags) on the map.
- System statistics are updating once again; they have also been made more easily readable with increased point size, repositioning and new separators.
- Systems links in chat now highlight the system on the map when clicked.
- Web links in chat are now click-able and will open in your preferred Internet browser.
- The default size of the system chat window has been made smaller.
- A new menu option disables KOS checking
- Vintel can now poll the clipboard while running in the background and do a "local" KOS check automatically when the clipboard contents change.
- Overall app performance has been improved with the introduction of a persistent statistics thread.
- PEP 8 spacing compliance on all python files.
- Logging support has been added so users can attach logs to bug reports.
- Minor UI bug fixes and improvements.
This release is about completing and hardening the existing feature set. The following are included:
- Scan and KOS-check local pilots on clipboard when switching to Vintel now works reliably
- Intel messages are removed after 20 minutes to limit memory usage
- MapStatisticsThread no longer crashing
- Region menu lets you set the mapped region without restarting Vintel
- Threads are shutdown in an orderly manner when exiting Vintel
- Sound is now played on a background thread so the UI is not blocked
- More defensive code everywhere to minmize crashes and bad bahavior
- Notifications can be spoken using text-to-speech on OSX
- Replaced pygame with pyglet for audio playback as pygame was difficult to install for some users
- System statistics updating as expected
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Menu reorganization
More information on Vintel and its feature set can be found here.