Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
- Accurate animation speed.
- Improved texutre management.
- Animation duplication support.
- Animation importing / exporting.
- Frame importing / exporting.
- Fixed the issue #8 .
I completely changed how the timer handles the animation system, now it is almost equal to Sonic Mania.
Since RSDKv5, every frame has its own duration. The formula is pretty easy: AnimationSpeed / FrameSpeed * 64, where the result is how millisecond the frame stays on-screen.
Texture management was activated by @thesupersonic16 in a state where it was not completely working and with some left-overs from XeEngine's Animation Editor. This led to some users to try it even on Sonic CD (#8), that it was not fully supported. Currently it is possible to add, remove or re-import GIFs into an animation file. Be aware that Sonic CD / 1 / 2 does not support textures higher than 256x256.
It is possible to export even animations and frames into single files, then re-import them even on different animation files. This leads to new ways to manage animations.
- Frames duplication (thanks thesupersonic16!)
- Better animation speed support.
One thing that I never noticed is that Sonic Mania uses a custom speed for each frame. Thanks to the recent thesupersonic16's discovery about "duration" field on RSDK5 Frames, I was able to implement that f uctionality on the rendering system.
Currently there is some stuttering (I am not still able to understand if it is my fault or WPF/Stopwatch does not do a good job) but it should be enough to work on it!
I still should explore a solution on GIF's frame importing and exporting, but the palette system bothers me.
- Hitbox support for RSDKv3 and RSDKv4.
- Partial hitbox support for RSDKv5.
- Crash while removing frames.
- Animation corruption when adding frames to RSDKv5.
- Uncentered sprites and wrong zoom.
Not implemented yet:
- Complete support for RSDKv5 hitboxes
- Animations duplication
- Frames duplication
- Sprite importing
- Sprite exporting
- Import and export between RSDKv3 and RSDKv5
Some things does not work, like hitbox support for RSDKv5. Adding or removing textures and hitboxes are not supported yet.