DLCounter is a simple and clean flat-file PHP download counter. It's compatible with all web servers running PHP 5.x, does not require SQL, and is extremely easy to set up.
- Upload www to your server and rename it to anything you want, ex: /download.
- Upload your files to the /files directory, ex: /download/files.
- Create tracked links with index.php?file=FILENAME, ex: /download/?file=my_file.exe
- View your download stats and client info in /stats.
- The directories for logging stats (default: /stats) and for uploading files (default: /files) can be changed by editing their respective values in config.php
- If you are on a non-*nix machine and/or do not have PHP exec enabled, set the 'nixWithExec' value in config.php to false
- Change your default time zone in the config file
- Change what client info is logged and formatted in the log file in the config file
- If you want to secure your stats folder, you should either rename it (method above) or lock it with .htaccess