A collection of improvements to the XenForo2 Alerts system.
Note; Do not use MySQL statement-based replication with this add-on.
- Automatically marks alerts as read from content on a given page when viewed for:
- Mark as unread link for individual alerts
- Global Optional, Alert summarization by selected content type or user
- User Option to prevent marking as read when accessing /accounts/alerts page.
- User Option to prevent summarization when accessing /accounts/alerts page.
- User Option to adjust summarization threshold
Supported content types for alert summarization
- Posts Likes
- Conversation Message Likes
- Report Comment Likes
Content Ratings is supported for the above content types.
- Adds an extra column to xf_alert.
alter table xf_user_alert summerize_id add int(10) unsigned DEFAULT NULL
- 1 extra query per thread/conversation/report page request when the user has more than zero active alerts.
- 1 additional extra query if any alerts are marked as read.
Alert Summarization Performance impact
- On accessing alerts above the summerize threshold, fetches all unread alerts and attempts to group them in PHP.
- On successfully generating summary alerts, 2 queries are done.
- insert to add the summary alert
- updating summerized alerts.