Africa Hack Trip
Originally inspired by the article "From Kenya to Madagascar: The African tech-hub boom" I decided to organize a trip through Africa's Hacker Spaces. Due 2013. And yes, you're invited. Please get involved/.
The idea is to visit some of the emerging tech hubs and hacking spaces in Africa, exchange experiences and hack together on new ideas, but also dive into new contries and cultures.
Here's a map of Hubs in Africa
- iceaddis, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- iHub, Nairobi, Kenya*
- 88mph Garage Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya*
- The Hub Kampala, Uganda
- kLab, Kigali, Rwanda
- Dar es Salaam Innovation Space, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- I-Hub malagasy, Antananarivo, Madagascar
- BongoHive, Lusaka, Zambia*
- House 4 Hack, Pretoria, South Africa
- Codebridge, Cape Town, South Africa*
- ActivSpaces, Buea, Cameroon
- Co-creation Hub, Lagos, Nigeria
- Akendewa, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Interested? Thoughts? Ideas?
Get in touch: @AfricaHackTrip