YetAnotherForum.NET (YAF.NET) is an Open Source Discussion Forum for sites running ASP.NET. 100% written in C#. YAF.NET runs on any web server that supports ASP.NET v4.8 (or above) and SQL Server 2012 or above.
YAF.NET is a feature rich communication platform combining an International Open Source community and the Microsoft's technologies.
DNN® (DotNetNuke) Module
This is the DNN Module Version of YetAnotherForum.NET which runs YAF inside a Module (DotNetNuke 09.10.01 or higher).
A "sandbox" test forum is available here: https://testforum.yetanotherforum.net/.
Getting Started with Development
This project is dependent upon the parent solution, YAFNET. This requires that the steps you follow be specific.
- Create a local directory for your project o live, such as C:\dev\YAFDev\ (just an example path).
- Fork this YAFNET-DNN project into your account and then clone it into the local folder you just created. There should now be a C:\dev\YAFDev\yaf_dnn\ folder, as well as a README and other Git files.
- (Optional) Attach an upstream to this YAFNET-DNN project in Git.
- Download a copy of the Master branch of the YAFNET project, and extract to the main folder. The resulting path should be C:\dev\YAFDev\yafsrc.
- Open and then build the YAFNET solution.
- Open and then build the YAFNET-DNN solution.
Congratulations! You're now ready to begin development.
- Free Community based Support Forum here: https://forum.yetanotherforum.net/.
Community Support Forum
See a real live YAF Forum by visiting the Yet Another Forum.NET community support forum: https://forum.yetanotherforum.net. Also, get your questions answered by the YAF community.
Yet Another Forum.NET is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.