…/git/vapier/blackfin * 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vapier/blackfin: (96 commits) Blackfin: stop cleaning include/asm/asm-offsets.h Blackfin: scale calibration when cpu freq changes Blackfin: eat spurious space in asm/dpmc.h Blackfin: fix anomaly 283 handling with exact hardware error Blackfin: bf537-stamp: add example ADXL346 orientation resources Blackfin: bf537-stamp: add example AD2S1210 IIO resources Blackfin: don't support keypad wakeup from hibernate Blackfin: bf537-stamp: add example AD7416 IIO resources Blackfin: bf537-stamp: add example ADP8860 backlight/led resources Blackfin: bf537-stamp: add example AD7414 temp sensor resources Blackfin: rename AD1836 to AD183X in board files Blackfin: bf537-stamp: add example AD2S120x resources Blackfin: add support for the on-chip MAC status interrupts Blackfin: asm/page.h: pull in asm-generic headers Blackfin: mark gpio lib functions static Blackfin: bf537-stamp: add example ADAU1361 resources Blackfin: GPIO: implement to_irq handler Blackfin: bf537-stamp: add example ADP122/ADP150 power regulator resources Blackfin: bf537-stamp: add example AD2S90 resources Blackfin: bf537-stamp: add example AD5398 power regulator resources ...
* 'merge' of git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6: powerpc/5200: Build fix for mpc52xx watchdog timer code of: Fix comparison of "compatible" properties powerpc/52xx: update defconfigs spi/omap2_mcspi: Use transaction speed if provided spi/omap2_mcspi: fix NULL pointer dereference uartlite: Fix build on sparc.
…inux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-2.6 * 'omap-fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-2.6: ARM/OMAP: Remove the +x bit from a couple of source files omap: McBSP: Drop unnecessary status/error bit clearing on reg_cacheretrieved register values OMAP4: fix temporary hacks that break multi-omap PM OMAP2: cpu_is_omap2*: fix compile-time removal of unused code omap3: pandora: add missing i2c3 board_info omap: mach-omap2/io.c: fix function declarations omap: Fix gpio_resume_after_retention omap3: Fix support for the LEDs connected to GPIO outputs on IGEP v2board omap: Checkpatch cleanup for blizzard.h omap: pass the reboot command to the boot loader omap2/3/4: mailbox: remove compiler warning OMAP2: serial.c: Fix number of uarts in early_init omap: Enable PM_RUNTIME in defconfigs to avoid USB compile errors omap2: Update n8x0 defconfig to test multi-omap and DMA api changes omap2: add USB initialization for tusb6010 omap4: Fix build break by moving omap_smc1 into a separate .S omap2/3/4: ehci: avoid compiler error with touchbook omap3: Fix compile for Touch Book early_param
* master.kernel.org:/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm: (23 commits) ARM: Fix RiscPC decompressor build errors ARM: Fix sorting of platform group config options and includes ARM: 5991/1: Fix regression in restore_user_regs macro ARM: 5989/1: ARM: KGDB: add support for SMP platforms ARM: 5990/1: ARM: use __armv5tej_mmu_cache_flush for V5TEJ instead of __armv4_mmu_cache_flush ARM: Add final piece to fix XIP decompressor in read-only memory video: enable sh_mobile_lcdc on SH-Mobile ARM ARM: mach-shmobile: ap4evb SDHI0 platform data V2 ARM: mach-shmobile: sh7372 SDHI vector merge ARM: mach-shmobile: sh7377 SDHI vector merge ARM: mach-shmobile: sh7367 SDHI vector merge ARM: mach-shmobile: G4EVM KEYSC platform data mtd: enable sh_flctl on SH-Mobile ARM ARM: mach-shmobile: G3EVM FLCTL platform data ARM: mach-shmobile: G3EVM KEYSC platform data Video: ARM CLCD: Better fix for swapped IENB and CNTL registers ARM: Add L2 cache handling to smp boot support ARM: 5960/1: ARM: perf-events: fix v7 event selection mask ARM: 5959/1: ARM: perf-events: request PMU interrupts with IRQF_NOBALANCING ARM: 5988/1: pgprot_dmacoherent() for non-mmu builds ...
…/linux * 'for-linus/samsung-fixes' of git://git.fluff.org/bjdooks/linux: ARM: SAMSUNG: Fixup commit 4e6d488 ARM: SAMSUNG: Fix build error from stale define in <plat/uncompress.h> ARM: SAMSUNG: Add suspend/resume support for S3C PWM driver ARM: S3C2440: Fix s3c2440 cpufreq compilation post move.
* 'for-linus' of git://git.monstr.eu/linux-2.6-microblaze: (27 commits) microblaze: entry.S use delay slot for return handlers microblaze: Save current task directly microblaze: Simplify entry.S - save/restore r3/r4 - ret_from_trap microblaze: PCI early support for noMMU system microblaze: Fix dma alloc and free coherent dma functions microblaze: Add consistent code microblaze: pgtable.h: move consistent functions microblaze: Remove ancient Kconfig option for consistent mapping microblaze: Remove VMALLOC_VMADDR microblaze: Add define for ASM_LOOP microblaze: Preliminary support for dma drivers microblaze: remove trailing space in messages microblaze: Use generic show_mem() microblaze: Change temp register for cmdline microblaze: Preliminary support for dma drivers microblaze: Move cache function to cache.c microblaze: Add support from PREEMPT microblaze: Add support for Xilinx PCI host bridge microblaze: Enable PCI, missing files microblaze: Add core PCI files ...
* 'for-linus' of git://neil.brown.name/md: md: deal with merge_bvec_fn in component devices better.
* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6: (69 commits) [SCSI] scsi_transport_fc: Fix synchronization issue while deleting vport [SCSI] bfa: Update the driver version to 22.214.171.124. [SCSI] bfa: Remove unused header files and did some cleanup. [SCSI] bfa: Handle SCSI IO underrun case. [SCSI] bfa: FCS and include file changes. [SCSI] bfa: Modified the portstats get/clear logic [SCSI] bfa: Replace bfa_get_attr() with specific APIs [SCSI] bfa: New portlog entries for events (FIP/FLOGI/FDISC/LOGO). [SCSI] bfa: Rename pport to fcport in BFA FCS. [SCSI] bfa: IOC fixes, check for IOC down condition. [SCSI] bfa: In MSIX mode, ignore spurious RME interrupts when FCoE ports are in FW mismatch state. [SCSI] bfa: Fix Command Queue (CPE) full condition check and ack CPE interrupt. [SCSI] bfa: IOC recovery fix in fcmode. [SCSI] bfa: AEN and byte alignment fixes. [SCSI] bfa: Introduce a link notification state machine. [SCSI] bfa: Added firmware save clear feature for BFA driver. [SCSI] bfa: FCS authentication related changes. [SCSI] bfa: PCI VPD, FIP and include file changes. [SCSI] bfa: Fix to copy fpma MAC when requested by user space application. [SCSI] bfa: RPORT state machine: direct attach mode fix. ...
…inux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip * 'perf-fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip: (35 commits) perf: Fix unexported generic perf_arch_fetch_caller_regs perf record: Don't try to find buildids in a zero sized file perf: export perf_trace_regs and perf_arch_fetch_caller_regs perf, x86: Fix hw_perf_enable() event assignment perf, ppc: Fix compile error due to new cpu notifiers perf: Make the install relative to DESTDIR if specified kprobes: Calculate the index correctly when freeing the out-of-line execution slot perf tools: Fix sparse CPU numbering related bugs perf_event: Fix oops triggered by cpu offline/online perf: Drop the obsolete profile naming for trace events perf: Take a hot regs snapshot for trace events perf: Introduce new perf_fetch_caller_regs() for hot regs snapshot perf/x86-64: Use frame pointer to walk on irq and process stacks lockdep: Move lock events under lockdep recursion protection perf report: Print the map table just after samples for which no map was found perf report: Add multiple event support perf session: Change perf_session post processing functions to take histogram tree perf session: Add storage for seperating event types in report perf session: Change add_hist_entry to take the tree root instead of session perf record: Add ID and to recorded event data when recording multiple events ...
…/git/jikos/hid * 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid: HID: avoid '\0' in hid debugfs events file HID: Add RGT Clutch Wheel clutch device id HID: ntrig: fix touch events HID: add quirk for UC-Logik WP4030 tablet HID: magicmouse: fix oops after device removal
* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/btrfs-unstable: (30 commits) Btrfs: fix the inode ref searches done by btrfs_search_path_in_tree Btrfs: allow treeid==0 in the inode lookup ioctl Btrfs: return keys for large items to the search ioctl Btrfs: fix key checks and advance in the search ioctl Btrfs: buffer results in the space_info ioctl Btrfs: use __u64 types in ioctl.h Btrfs: fix search_ioctl key advance Btrfs: fix gfp flags masking in the compression code Btrfs: don't look at bio flags after submit_bio btrfs: using btrfs_stack_device_id() get devid btrfs: use memparse Btrfs: add a "df" ioctl for btrfs Btrfs: cache the extent state everywhere we possibly can V2 Btrfs: cache ordered extent when completing io Btrfs: cache extent state in find_delalloc_range Btrfs: change the ordered tree to use a spinlock instead of a mutex Btrfs: finish read pages in the order they are submitted btrfs: fix btrfs_mkdir goto for no free objectids Btrfs: flush data on snapshot creation Btrfs: make df be a little bit more understandable ...
…fs-2.6 * 'bugfixes' of git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/trondmy/nfs-2.6: NFS: ensure bdi_unregister is called on mount failure. NFS: Avoid a deadlock in nfs_release_page NFSv4: Don't ignore the NFS_INO_REVAL_FORCED flag in nfs_revalidate_inode() nfs4: Make the v4 callback service hidden nfs: fix unlikely memory leak rpc client can not deal with ENOSOCK, so translate it into ENOCONN
…ernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev * 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev: ahci: pp->active_link is not reliable when FBS is enabled ahci: use BIOS date in broken_suspend list ahci: add missing nv IDs
…/git/tiwai/sound-2.6 * 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6: sound: sequencer: clean up remove bogus check ALSA: hda: Use LPIB and 6stack-dig for eMachines T5212 ALSA: hda - Disable MSI for Nvidia controller ALSA: hda - Add PCI quirks for MSI NetOn AP1900 and Wind Top AE2220 ALSA: hda - Fix secondary ADC of ALC260 basic model ALSA: hda - Add an error message for invalid mapping NID ALSA: hda - New Intel HDA controller
* 'for-linus' of git://git.o-hand.com/linux-rpurdie-backlight: backlight: panasonic-laptop - Fix incomplete registration failure handling backlight: msi-laptop, msi-wmi: fix incomplete registration failure handling backlight: blackfin - Fix missing registration failure handling backlight: classmate-laptop - Fix missing registration failure handling backlight: mbp_nvidia_bl - add five more MacBook variants backlight: Allow properties to be passed at registration backlight: Add backlight_device parameter to check_fb video: backlight/progear, fix pci device refcounting backlight: l4f00242t03: Fix module licence absence. backlight: Revert some const qualifiers backlight: Add Epson L4F00242T03 LCD driver
* 'for-linus' of git://git.o-hand.com/linux-rpurdie-leds: leds: Fix race between LED device uevent and actual attributes creation leds-gpio: fix default state handling on OF platforms leds: Add Dell Business Class Netbook LED driver leds: Kconfig cleanup leds: led-class.c - Quiet boot messages leds: make PCI device id constant leds: ALIX2: Add dependency to !GPIO_CS5335
* 'for-linus' of git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs: xfs: don't warn about page discards on shutdown xfs: use scalable vmap API xfs: remove old vmap cache
* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6: (39 commits) gigaset: fix build failure bridge: Make first arg to deliver_clone const. bridge br_multicast: Don't refer to BR_INPUT_SKB_CB(skb)->mrouters_only without IGMP snooping. route: Fix caught BUG_ON during rt_secret_rebuild_oneshot() bridge br_multicast: Fix skb leakage in error path. bridge br_multicast: Fix handling of Max Response Code in IGMPv3 message. NET: netpoll, fix potential NULL ptr dereference tipc: fix lockdep warning on address assignment l2tp: Fix UDP socket reference count bugs in the pppol2tp driver smsc95xx: wait for PHY to complete reset during init l2tp: Fix oops in pppol2tp_xmit smsc75xx: SMSC LAN75xx USB gigabit ethernet adapter driver ne: Do not use slashes in irq name string NET: ksz884x, fix lock imbalance gigaset: correct range checking off by one error bridge: Fix br_forward crash in promiscuous mode bridge: Move NULL mdb check into br_mdb_ip_get ISDN: Add PCI ID for HFC-2S/4S Beronet Card PCIe net-2.6 [Bug-Fix][dccp]: fix oops caused after failed initialisation myri: remove dead code ...
* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6: sunxvr1000: Add missing FB=y depenency. MAINTAINERS: Add entry for sparc serial drivers. drivers/serial/sunsab.c: adjust the constant used to initialize the interrupt_mask0 fields
…t/brodo/pcmcia-2.6 * 'urgent' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/brodo/pcmcia-2.6: PCMCIA: resource, fix lock imbalance pcmcia: add important if statement pcmcia: re-route Cardbus IRQ to ISA on ti1130 bridges if necessary pcmcia: allow for cb_irq to differ from pci_dev's irq in yenta_socket pcmcia: honor saved flags in yenta_socket's I365_CSCINT register pcmcia: revert "irq probe can be done without risking an IRQ storm" pcmcia: pd6729, i82092: use parent (PCI) resources pcmcia/vrc4171: use local spinlock for device local lock.
This is used by the inode lookup ioctl to follow all the backrefs up to the subvol root. But the search being done would sometimes land one past the last item in the leaf instead of finding the backref. This changes the search to look for the highest possible backref and hop back one item. It also fixes a leaked path on failure to find the root. Signed-off-by: Chris Mason <firstname.lastname@example.org>
When a root id of 0 is sent to the inode lookup ioctl, it will use the root of the file we're ioctling and pass the root id back to userland along with the results. This allows userland to do searches based on that root later on. Signed-off-by: Chris Mason <email@example.com>
The search ioctl was skipping large items entirely (ones that are too big for the results buffer). This changes things to at least copy the item header so that we can send information about the item back to userland. Signed-off-by: Chris Mason <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The search ioctl was working well for finding tree roots, but using it for generic searches requires a few changes to how the keys are advanced. This treats the search control min fields for objectid, type and offset more like a key, where we drop the offset to zero once we bump the type, etc. The downside of this is that we are changing the min_type and min_offset fields during the search, and so the ioctl caller needs extra checks to make sure the keys in the result are the ones it wanted. This also changes key_in_sk to use btrfs_comp_cpu_keys, just to make things more readable. Signed-off-by: Chris Mason <email@example.com>
mpc52xx_gpt_wdt_setup is defined as 0, which causes the following build failure with gcc 4.5, since it's built with -Werror. arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/mpc52xx_gpt.c:761:3: error: statement with no effect Changing it to a static inline fixes the problem. Reported-by: Jeff Mahoney <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Grant Likely <email@example.com>
Commit 7c7b60c "of: put default string compare and #a/s-cell values into common header" Breaks various things on powerpc due to using strncasecmp instead of strcasecmp for comparing against "compatible" strings. This causes things like the 4xx PCI code to fail miserably due to the partial matches in code like this: for_each_compatible_node(np, NULL, "ibm,plb-pcix") ppc4xx_probe_pcix_bridge(np); for_each_compatible_node(np, NULL, "ibm,plb-pci") ppc4xx_probe_pci_bridge(np); It's not quite right to do partial name match. Entries in a compatible list are meant to be matched whole. If a device is compatible with both "foo" and "foo1", then the device should have both strings in its "compatible" property. This patch reverts powerpc and microblaze us to use strcasecmp. Signed-off-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org> (for patch description) Signed-off-by: Grant Likely <email@example.com> Acked-by: David S. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org> Acked-by: Michal Simek <email@example.com>
Implement arch specific arch_get_memory_phys_device function and initialize phys_device for each memory section. That way we finally can tell which piece of memory belongs to which physical device. This makes s390's /sys/devices/system/memory/memoryX/phys_device display the correct thing? Signed-off-by: Heiko Carstens <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Dave Hansen <email@example.com> Cc: Gerald Schaefer <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>
/sys/devices/system/memory/memoryX/phys_device is supposed to contain the number of the physical device that the corresponding piece of memory belongs to. In case a physical device should be replaced or taken offline for whatever reason it is necessary to set all corresponding memory pieces offline. The current implementation always sets phys_device to '0' and there is no way or hook to change that. Seems like there was a plan to implement that but it wasn't finished for whatever reason. So add a weak function which architectures can override to actually set the phys_device from within add_memory_block(). Signed-off-by: Heiko Carstens <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Dave Hansen <email@example.com> Cc: Gerald Schaefer <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>
Replace open-coded loop with for_each_set_bit(). Signed-off-by: Akinobu Mita <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Clemens Ladisch <email@example.com> Cc: Bob Picco <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Use bitmap_weight() instead of doing hweight32() for each u32 element in the page. Signed-off-by: Akinobu Mita <email@example.com> Cc: Anton Altaparmakov <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org>
jffs2 uses rb_node = NULL; to zero rb_root. The problem with this is that 17d9ddc ("rbtree: Add support for augmented rbtrees") in the linux-next tree adds a new field to that struct which needs to be NULL as well. This patch uses RB_ROOT as the intializer so all of the relevant fields will be NULL'd. Signed-off-by: Venkatesh Pallipadi <email@example.com> Cc: Eric Paris <firstname.lastname@example.org> Acked-by: David Woodhouse <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>
swap_cgroup uses 2bytes data and uses cmpxchg in a new operation. 2byte cmpxchg/xchg is not available on some archs. This patch replaces cmpxchg/xchg with operations under lock. Signed-off-by: KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reported-by: Sachin Sant <email@example.com> wrote: Acked-by: Balbir Singh <firstname.lastname@example.org> Acked-by: Daisuke Nishimura <email@example.com> Cc: Li Zefan <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>
Update the dummy LL interface to the LL interface change introduced by commit daab433c03c15fd642c71c94eb51bdd3f32602c8. This fixes the build failure occurring after that commit when enabling ISDN_DRV_GIGASET but neither ISDN_I4L nor ISDN_CAPI. Impact: bugfix Signed-off-by: Tilman Schmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <email@example.com>
pp->active_link is not reliable when FBS is enabled. Both PORT_SCR_ACT and PORT_CMD_ISSUE should be checked because mixed NCQ and non-NCQ commands may be in flight. Signed-off-by: Shane Huang <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <email@example.com>
HP is recycling both DMI_PRODUCT_NAME and DMI_BIOS_VERSION making ahci_broken_suspend() trigger for later products which are not affected by the original problems. Match BIOS date instead of version and add references to bko's so that full information can be found easier later. This fixes http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15462 Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reported-by: email@example.com Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <firstname.lastname@example.org>