YU Kaltura Media Package
"YU Kaltura Media Package" is a third-party's Kaltura plugin package for Moodle 2.9 or later. This package is developed by the Media and Information Technology Center, Yamaguchi University. By using this package, users can upload media to the Kaltura server, and easily embed the media in Moodle courses. Moreover, this package provides some useful functions. Since this package does not require Kaltura Application Framework (KAF), can work with Kaltura Community Edition (CE) and other editions.
In order to use this package, administrators must install "YU Kaltura Media Local Libraries" and "YU Kaltura Media Gallery". These plugins provide functions such as uploading, playing back and deleting media files to users.
In addition, the administrators can install "YU Kaltura Media Assignment" and "YU Kaltura Media Resource". These plugins provide teachers ability of creating resource and activity modules which use kaltura media in their Moodle courses.
Please note that there is a chance this module will not work on some Moodle environment. Also, this package is only available in English. Stay tuned to future versions for other language supports.
Original plugin package ("Kaltura Video Package") has better functions than ours and is easy to use. So that, for customers of the "Kaltura SaaS Edition", use the original plugin package is the better.
YU Kaltura Media Local Libraries for Moodle
This plugin provides libraries and APIs and power other "YU Kaltura Media Package" plugins. This plugin is updated with stable releases. To follow active development on GitHub, click here.
- PHP5.3 or greater.
- System administrators must use the same communication protocol for all routes (between the web browser and the Moodle, between the Moodle and the Kaltura, and between the web browser and the Kaltura). It is better to use HTTPS as the communication protocol.
- Administrators must not delete "Default" access control profile from their Kaltura server. If they delete the "Default" profile, they must create new profile named "Default" before install our plugins.
- These plugins do not support Flash players. Therefore, please use HTML5 players.
- Boost (version 1.1.7 and later)
This plugin package might be able to work with other themes.
Unzip this plugin, and copy the directory (local/yukaltura) under moodle root directory (ex. /moodle). Installation will be completed after you log in as an administrator and access the notification menu.
How to use
Targeted Moodle versions
Moodle 2.9, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6
- MOODLE_29_STABLE -> Moodle2.9 branch
- MOODLE_30_STABLE -> Moodle3.0 branch
- MOODLE_31_STABLE -> Moodle3.1 branch
- MOODLE_32_STABLE -> Moodle3.2 branch
- MOODLE_33_STABLE -> Moodle3.3 branch
- MOODLE_34_STABLE -> Moodle3.4 branch
- MOODLE_35_STABLE -> Moodle3.5 branch
- MOODLE_36_STABLE -> Moodle3.6 branch
First clone the repository with "git clone", then "git checkout MOODLE_29_STABLE(branch name)" to switch branches.
- We are not responsible for any problem caused by this software.
- This software follows the license policy of Moodle (GNU GPL v3).
- "Kaltura" is the registered trademark of the Kaltura Inc.
- Web-camera recording function in "My Media" supports the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari. For smartphones and tablets, you can record and upload movies through a normal media uploader.
- Uploading and recording functions in resource and activity modules may not work well with smartphones. Because, low resolution screen cannot display these forms correctly.
Change log of YU Kaltura Media Local Libraries
- fixed some statements in simpleselector.js, based on JSDoc warnings.
- fixed some statements in lcoallib.php, in order to fixed issue about "Invalid KS" errors.
- "Kaltura Client Libraries" has been replaced from "3.1.4" to "3.3.0".
- fixed some bugs in simpleselector.js, in order to resolve an issue about updating of description.
- fixed some statements in webcamuploader.js, in order to respond to changes of WebRTC APIs in the Mozilla firefox.
- add some items in settings.php, in order to set permissions about uploading/recording new movie in resource moudle (mod_kalmediares) and activity module (mod_kalmediaassign).
- fixed some bugs in settings.php, in order to create an accress control profile for "internal access".
- fixed some bugs in renderer.php, in order to solve an issue about sorting of media in simple media selector.
- fixed some bugs in locallib.php, in order to integrate with latest version Kaltura CE.
- added statements about "Requirements" in README.md.
- fixed copyright statements in all scripts.
- fixed statements in simple_selector.php and simple_selector.css.
- "local_yukaltura" supports "Boost" theme of the Moodle. Link to the "My Media" is displayed in the left-side menu of the Boost.
- added statements about "Supported themes" in README.md.
- fixed statements about "How to use" in README.md.
- added APIs for Kaltura Category Entry Service in KalturaClient.php.
- fixed some coding styles in KalturaClient.php.
- fixed some bugs in KalturaClientBase.php.
- Replace calling Kaltura Session V1 function with calling Kaltura session V2 function.
- fixed some bugs in yukaltura.js and properties.js.
- fixed some bugs in yukaltura.js and properties.js
- fixed some statements in lane/en/local_yukaltura.php
- added statements in README.md.
- added configuration items about mymedia player in settings.php.
- fixed some strings in local_yukaltura.php.
- fixed error handling in settings.php.
- fixed coding style about local variables in Kaltura PHP Client Library.
- fixed statements in REAME.md.
- fixed some error messages in locallib.php.
- added a webcam enable/disable checkbox in plugin setting page.