Aug 31 2022
- Added Discord rich game presence by @SmileyAG in #319
bxt_render_far_entities, which is like
bxt_novis, but shouldn't affect entity behavior by @SmileyAG in #278
- Added door usable flag to the entity info HUD by @SmileyAG in #277
bxt_ch_get_posto show the camera origin when
bxt_hud_originis 2 by @SmileyAG in #284
bxt_viewmodel_bob_angledby @SmileyAG in #282
- Made some hooks less dependent on client & server DLLs to increase mod compatibility by @SmileyAG in #286
- Changed the way
bxt_hud_game_colorworks to support more mods by @SmileyAG in #287
bxt_disable_nightvision_spritesupport for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes by @SmileyAG in #288
bxt_hud_waterlevelby @SmileyAG in #291
- Added uncapped player health to demo runtime data by @SmileyAG in #293
bxt_hud_health_override_in_demowhich overrides the health displayed by
bxt_hud_healthduring demo playback by @SmileyAG in #293
bxt_show_player_in_hltvin favor of automatically doing the right thing by @SmileyAG in #295
- Added custom HUD color support to the game ammo history HUD by @SmileyAG in #296
bxt_hud_game_alpha_max_clientsideby @SmileyAG in #299
- Added more patterns by @SmileyAG in #303
cl_righthandby @SmileyAG in #306
- Fixed sounds missing while demo playback on old WON builds by @SmileyAG in #311
bxt_force_clearfor removing out-of-bounds rendering artifacts by @SmileyAG in #314
bxt_force_jumplessfor disabling jumping by @SmileyAG in #316, #317
bxt_fire_on_mm_*for running a console command when a multimanager is fired by @SmileyAG in #320
bxt_show_bullets_enemiesto draw firing lines for hitscan weapons by @Eddio0141 in #321
bxt_disable_gamedir_check_in_demofor watching demos recorded in other game directories by @SmileyAG in #323
bxt_remove_fps_limitto lift the WON 100 FPS limit by @SmileyAG in #327
TAS Support Improvements
- Added the necessary hooks for the bxt-rs 3.0 TAS optimizer
- Added CS 1.6 TASing support, remember to set
bxt_anglespeed_cap 0;bxt_speed_scaling 0by @khanghugo in #322
- When using two games, the TAS editor will now show
func_pushablepaths. The path of each pushable will change color on object-boosting frames and when the pushable is in water (useful because then you don't need to stand on ground to object-boost)
- Added Linux
func_pushableTAS log support
- Client player maxspeed is now honored for the TAS support in those mods where it is used by @SmileyAG in #325
_bxt_tas_editor_apply_smoothing_high_weight_multiplier, which were added in the last release, to be actually available in the in-game console
Full Changelog: mar-24-2022...aug-31-2022
Mar 24 2022
bxt_show_only_viewmodelsupport for 3248/4554 builds (thanks @SmileyAG).
- Moved less-useful info from
- Disabled skybox by default when using
bxt_disable_nightvision_sprite 1to disable the night vision sprite in Opposing Force without replacing the file (thanks @chinese-soup).
- Crash prevention now keeps the timer running, but colors it red until
bxt_timer_reset, so races and marathons can continue past the crash (thanks @chinese-soup).
- Fixed hook of
V_CalcRefdeffor Opposing Force on Linux, which fixes
bxt_freecamand related functionality (thanks @chinese-soup).
bxt_hud_entity_infonow shows if
func_doorentities can be opened by monsters (thanks @SmileyAG).
bxt_hud_game_alphato change color and alpha of in-game HUDs (thanks @SmileyAG).
- Brush entity origins shown in
bxt_hud_entity_info 2now make more sense (they are now based at the mins/maxs center instead of 0, 0, 0) (thanks @SmileyAG).
- Added patterns for Aliens vs Predator 2 and OpenAG (thanks @SmileyAG).
TAS support improvements:
s11, useful for wiggle-style TASes.
bxt_tas_optim_initon 1-frame-long frame bulks.
- Significantly improved player path collision display:
- The collision now colors the frame during which the collision has occurred, rather than the next frame. This way if the collision is right in the middle between two frame bulks, it remains visible.
- Frames after the collision are now colored pink, making it possible to tell which frames exactly caused the collision.
- If there's a wall collision on the same frame as a ceiling collision, it should now be shown instead of silently ignored.
- Sloped ground collisions are now shown instead of silently ignored.
_bxt_tas_editor_apply_smoothing_high_weight_multiplierto control weighting center frames higher in global smoothing. They allow smoothing more without introducing wobbliness. The default values work well for HLKZ movement settings.
- Fixed two-games support when running under wine.
Feb 5 2022
- Fixed overly loud sound bug introduced in the last update. They were an unintended consequence of the TAS sound RNG fix. This fix is now enabled only when running TAS scripts (thanks @hobokenn).
bxt_fix_mouse_horizontal_limitfor fixing limited mouse movement in certain mods when ran on the Steam engine. BXT automatically applies the fix for several known mods, but if the mod isn't known you can now use this variable to apply it manually (thanks @SmileyAG).
bxt_force_fov(thanks @SmileyAG and @chinese-soup).
- Fixed pattern for
TAS support improvements:
- Added left-right and right-left strafe types (s06 and s07) that "wiggle" left and right like in this dyd_axn_plant TAS.
bxt_tas_editor_set_left_right_count, as well as showing the count on the TAS editor status HUD.
- Improved TAS editor handling of frame bulks without a yaw angle (like the left-right frame bulks).
bxt_tas_optim_init, a helper command for starting the experimental bxt-rs optimization.
Dec 31 2021
- Added hornet crash prevention (thanks @chinese-soup). Instead of crashing, BXT will stop the timer and print a chat message saying the game would have crashed. This way there's no unfair advantage compared to running the vanilla game.
- Added OpenGL crosshair from OpenAG (thanks @SmileyAG).
bxt_autojump_priorityto control ducktap or autojump preference (thanks @SmileyAG).
bxt_force_duck(thanks @chinese-soup and @hobokenn).
- Fixed raw mouse input in 2013 SDK mods that don't fix it themselves on Linux (thanks @chinese-soup).
- Fixed game freezing on new Ubuntu (thanks @hobokenn).
- Fixed compatibility with GLIBC 2.34+.
bxt_show_hidden_entities_clientside(thanks @chinese-soup and @hobokenn).
- Fixed a demo crash in CS:CZDS (thanks @SmileyAG).
bxt_viewmodel_fov(thanks @chinese-soup and @hobokenn).
bxt_water_remove, recommended to use together with
r_novis 1(thanks @SmileyAG).
- Added Gonarch HUD and some additions to
- Fixed MP3 music stopping on loading screens for HL mods (thanks @hobokenn).
bxt_viewmodel_disable_cvars to disable viewmodel sequences (thanks @hobokenn).
bxt_viewmodel_ofs_cvars to change viewmodel offsets (thanks @hobokenn).
- Fixed a
bxt_autorecordcrash in CS:CZDS on Linux (thanks @hobokenn).
bxt_hud_origin 2for draw position of camera in
bxt_freecam 1mode (thanks @SmileyAG).
- Added a lot of patterns for Half-Rats: Parasomnia, HL: Sweet, Reissues (thanks @SmileyAG).
bxt_hud_armorfor draw a player armor in float value (thanks @SmileyAG).
bxt_show_player_in_hltvfor render player model when watching a POV demo (thanks @SmileyAG).
- Fixed a
bxt_autorecordcrash in Blue Shift on Linux (thanks @SmileyAG).
bxt_ch_get_getposfor get positions & angles as like in HL2 (thanks @chinese-soup).
bxt_clear_greenfor capturing viewmodel (thanks @SmileyAG).
- Made it possible to run multiple game instances at once (requires running through
TAS support improvements:
- Added fully-accurate TAS editor path using a second game instance. Bunnymod XT transparently runs the TAS over and over in the second game instance in the background as you're editing the path, and shows you the real path that the player takes when running the TAS. This not only removes prediction desyncs (you can open the TAS editor at the very beginning of the TAS and see an accurate path all the way until the very end of the map), but also lets you see and TAS through entity interactions (think health booster boosts, moving doors and teleport triggers). To use it, run the TAS and open the TAS editor in one instance, and run
bxt_tas_become_simulator_clientin the second instance.
- Added a
.hltasthat sets the command to run to load the map or the save (e.g.
load_command map c1a0). Setting it allows running the TAS with just
bxt_tas_loadscript script.hltasand is a requirement for two-game support.
bxt_tas_newwas changed to use
- Fixed TAS editor when the edited area contains non-movement frame bulks.
- Added camera angle display to the TAS editor. It shows the angles when they suddenly change and at regular intervals when they don't.
- Added a camera editor for the TAS editor, enabled with
bxt_tas_editor_camera_editor. It shows camera angles for every frame and allows inserting and changing camera frame bulks and applying global smoothing.
+bxt_tas_editor_insert_pointwhich behaves the same as the regular non-
bxt_tas_editor_insert_point, but in the camera editor allows inserting camera change frame bulks by dragging with
bxt_tas_editor_apply_smoothingwhich applies global smoothing in the TAS camera editor, inspired by batman's CSS surf TAS tool. Global smoothing can be applied to a blue segment (where the camera angles change) surrounded by green segments (where the camera angles are stationary).
target_yaw_overrideframe bulk which overrides target yaws for subsequent frames, used by global smoothing.
- Fixed RNG desyncs when playing back TASes with sound enabled (thanks @hobokenn for porting the fix from bxt-rs).
- Fixed enabling the TAS editor on a one-frame-long frame bulk.
- Added saving to a
something.hltas.backupfile whenever a destructive action is done in the TAS editor (e.g. disabling the TAS editor).
- When closing the main menu with the TAS editor enabled, the game will no longer unpause (thanks @chinese-soup).
- Moved the TAS editor status HUD default position to top-left of the screen so it's no longer off-screen on common resolutions.
- Removed append mode. It was long deprecated and unsupported and made developing new features harder.
Thanks to @SmileyAG for preparing the changelog.
Happy new year!
Aug 7 2021
bxt_timer_autostopon Linux for games that stop based on a
bxt_show_displacer_earth_targetsfor displaying Opposing Force displacer's earth target entities (thanks @hobokenn).
- Made the
bxt_timer_autostopcvar always available rather than gated on the presence of Half-Life-specific game end functions (thanks @SmileyAG).
- Added autostop for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes (thanks @SmileyAG).
- Added autostop for Wanted!, Crowbar of Time, HZC2 and The Xeno Project (thanks @hobokenn).
- Fixed a crash when changing the value of
- Fixed a crash upon loading a map that was common to mods (thanks @hobokenn).
bxt_disable_autosaveshould now work with most mods (thanks @hobokenn).
_bxt_interprocess_stopto manually stop LiveSplit integration, useful for timing strats or running IL's, use it in conjunction with
sv.max_edictsvalue saving to demos (thanks @hobokenn).
TAS support improvements:
- Added mouse4 dragging in the TAS editor which changes the angle of all connected segments at once (thanks @Eddio0141).
hlstrafe_version 4which fixes camera yaw switching between two adjacent values when using exact angle constraints.
Jan 11 2021
bxt_autojumpsupport for Paranoia (thanks @mxpph).
bxt_bhopcapsupport for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes (thanks @Godlikehobbit) and for Nuclear Winter and Ground Zero (thanks @mxpph).
bxt_show_pickup_bboxwhich shows item and weapon pickup bounding boxes (thanks @Matherunner).
- Added sequence and frame to the Nihilanth HUD element (thanks @Matherunner).
- Added autostop for Opposing Force boot camp (thanks @hobokenn).
- Updated several patterns to work for the 3248 engine (thanks @hobokenn).
SV_AddLinksToPM_patterns for 4554 and NGHL (thanks @hobokenn).
- Added a lot of patterns for TWHL Tower 2 (thanks @Matherunner).
- Fixed incorrect entity info HUD element position (thanks @SmileyAG).
bxt_bhopcapcvar is now registered when the engine is loaded (as opposed to when the server is loaded) which means it can be set from the main menu and
bxt_tas_newwill pick it up.
- Loaded modules are no longer stored to demos.
- All cvar values are now stored to demos rather than select few (testing showed no performance issues).
TAS support improvements:
- Comments are no longer duplicated on
bxt_tas_editor_insert_point(this was especially annoying with
bxt_tas_newinitial segment length to 1 second.
bxt_tas_newnow automatically stores custom
sv_maxspeedvalues and a BXT timer reset into the script.
- TAS editor commands added by
bxt_tas_editor_set_commandsto set commands on a segment.
- Segment commands are now shown on the TAS editor status HUD element.
Aug 1 2020
Fixed a few crashes with different HUDs being enabled while playing back demos (usable entities, etc.).
hlstrafe_version 3which fixes a serious bug with vectorial strafing. Use this new version instead of 2. Version 2 does not actually strafe under certain conditions.
- Fixed crashes on Windows Half-Life builds related to vectorial strafing.
- Added fast and slow adjustment in the TAS editor while holding
+duckrespectively (for mouse dragging).
+bxt_tas_editor_look_aroundto look around in the editor. It is
- TAS editor no longer saves the TAS on
bxt_tas_loadscript. It's now possible to edit the .hltas file externally, save it and run the TAS right away without having to disable the TAS editor first.
- Removed slowdown when the game is unfocused (currently Linux-only).
bxt_tas_newnow prints the correct FPS value in its message.
Jun 21 2020
Added timer autostop for the following mods (thanks @mxpph and @TheSmiley47):
- Big Lolly
- The Gloom
- Timeline 2
Moved the TAS editor append mode to
bxt_tas_editorcan be set only to
1. Additionally, the right click action of append mode was moved to the left click, with the left click action removed.
+bxt_tas_editor_appendto a key near WASD and use it as the "hold to fly around while in the editor" key.
Added middle mouse (wheel) drag action to the TAS editor which is similar to the left button drag action, but also adjusts the length of the following frame bulk to make the total length stay the same.
target_yawfast when zero tolerance is used (
+-0) and made tolerance optional (zero is assumed).
This is what you should use pretty much everywhere; where you would write e.g.
target_yaw 270 +-0.1you should now write just
target_yaw 270, etc.
target_yaw velocity_lockwhich follows the velocity angle and locks to the target strafing angle. It is a better version of
target_yaw velocity_avgwhich does not shake the camera at all, not even a tiny amount.
Once again, this is what you want to use by default starting from this release as it's better than the other options.
target_yaw velocity_lockthe default in
Added duck before collision including ceilings display to the TAS editor status HUD element.
bxt_tas_export_libtas_input(experimental, worked for a number of TASes and didn't work properly on a single TAS).
Fixed TAS editor mouse support on Fedora 32.
Mar 21 2020
+bxt_triggers_place, a visual drag-and-drop way to create custom triggers. Thanks @Marckvdv!
- Added pitch and yaw to
bxt_hud_tas_editor_status. Thanks @Eddio0141!
bxt_hud_entities. Useful for checking the entity order for the 4 FPS trick.
bxt_hud_entity_infoand made it additionally display the entity index, classname and targetname.
- Fixed some HUDs not working with freecam correctly.
_bxt_norefresh 1considerably faster.
- This release's Linux .so should work on older distributions such as Ubuntu 16.04.
Note: due to a mistake, the mar-21-2020 tag points 1 commit earlier than this release. I made a mar-21-2020-real tag which points at the correct commit. I didn't bother rebuilding the binaries so the version string says
mar-21-2020-1 and not
Jan 30 2020
- Fixed the distortion in the collision depth map. Thanks @Marckvdv!
- Added the
bxt_collision_depth_map_pixel_scaleconsole variable, which allows rendering the collision depth map at a lower resolution than the game's resolution. It's set to a good value by default, so you can safely view the collision depth map at your regular resolution. Thanks @Marckvdv!
- Added the
bxt_collision_depth_map_remove_distance_limitconsole variable to remove the tracing distance limit, so far away entities are still shown on the collision depth map. Enabled by default.
This release features a number of improvements to the TAS editor and TAS support in general.
- Improved the TAS editor FPS by making the TAS editor simulation incremental: it simulates a little bit every frame so as to not kill the FPS too much. Can be controlled with the new
- Improved the performance of left-dragging points in edit mode by making it not re-simulate unnecessary parts of the input.
- Added a new .hltas line to smoothly change the player's angle over a period of time:
change yaw to 90 over 1 s change pitch to 0 over 0.5 s change target_yaw to 23.5 over 2.3 s
bxt_hud_tas_editor_statuswhich shows the properties of the currently selected point in edit mode. Thanks @Eddio0141!
bxt_tas_playback_speedwhich controls the TAS playback speed. It's set to
1by default, which means that the TASes will play back in real-time (or slower). Set to
0.5for example to make the TASes play back 2 times slower. Set to
0to play back as fast as possible.
bxt_tas_write_logwhich automatically writes the
bxt_taslogof the TAS.
bxt_taslogto accept an argument (0 or 1) rather than being a toggle.
- Freecam is now enabled automatically when enabling the TAS editor.
_bxt_min_frametimeare now automatically reset when TAS playback ends.
- Improved the prediction accuracy, which reduces the TAS editor desyncs.
bxt_tas_editor_append_framesin favor of automatic selection.
- Fixed freecam speed on unstable FPS.
- Fixed deleting the last frame bulk in edit mode.
bxt_tas_editor_toggle s22toggling s23.