Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
The changes are by @Jukspa.
The highlight of this release is
.srctas script support for TASing, which is similar to
.hltas from BXT. It is a much more convenient way of making TAS scripts. Additionally,
.srctas scripts support automatic search to help finding the perfect tick to start moving or the perfect angles for a stucklaunch.
.srctas documentation can be found here.
This release also adds support for TAS tests, which means it's now possible to verify that TAS scripts don't break over the course of SPT development and their execution remains the exact same. Currently the player position, velocity and angle vectors are compared across executions. One test for the 5135 Portal build was added.
You can find out how to run the test here.
tas_script_load- Loads an
.srctasscript and executes it.
tas_script_search- Loads an
.srctasscript in search mode and executes it.
tas_script_result_success- Signals a successful result in search mode.
tas_script_result_fail- Signals an unsuccessful result in search mode.
_y_spt_findangle- Finds the yaw/pitch angle required to look at the given position from player's current position.
tas_test_validate- Runs tests from the given directory.
tas_test_generate- Generates test data.
tas_strafe_vectorial- When set to 1, enables vectorial strafing. The camera twitching disappears and it becomes possible to look at arbitrary angles using
_y_spt_setyaw/pitchwhile still strafing (provided that you do not jump).
tas_strafe_allow_jump_override- When you set this to 1, the jumping overrides any yaw/pitch input. By default this is off.
_y_spt_anglesetspeed- Determines how fast
_y_spt_setyaw/pitchcommands move your view. By default this is set to 360, which means instant snapping.
_y_spt_resetpitchyaw- Cancels any buffered
_y_spt_setyaw/pitchcommands. Primarily used for resetting the game state in TASes.
The changes in this release are by @Jukspa:
- Added vectorial strafing:
y_spt_canjbwhich checks if a jumpbug is possible at a given height given the current player position and vertical speed.
- Added an overlay functionality which can be used to draw either a rear view mirror or the save or angle glitch camera view in Portal (this probably only works in 5135):
- Added support for a bunch of different engines and extended support for already supported ones
tas_strafe_jumptypefor toggling between ABH, forward bhop, glitchless
- Added support for Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, including
The TAS stuff supports at least 5135 Portal and HL2 and 4104 Episode 2.
These only work on 5135 Portal and will uninstall system32 if you try them elsewhere:
- Fixed a crash which occurred sometimes if SPT was loaded before certain libraries.
- Changed the logging to messaging, this way the console output works in the most recent games.
- Removed the CheckJumpButton client dll hook, it can be used only for multiplayer games' prediction and those are not supported yet.
- Improved the start-up performance with the use of threading.
- SPT now outputs how much time its loading process took.
- Added y_spt_cvar for cvar manipulation (works on any cvars, including the hidden ones).
- Added +y_spt_duckspam and -y_spt_duckspam, which, when activated, presses +duck every other frame.
- Added _y_spt_setpitch and _y_spt_setyaw as well as _y_spt_pitchspeed and _y_spt_yawspeed.
- Added _y_spt_getvel.
- Renamed y_spt_afterframes to _y_spt_afterframes, y_spt_afterframes_reset_on_server_activate to _y_spt_afterframesreset_on_server_activate and added _y_spt_afterframes2.
- Changed some warnings a little.
- Added patterns for Estranged Act 1 (Beta).
- Black Mesa Source is now supported.
- Added y_spt_additional_abh for ABH in Black Mesa!
- Added y_spt_afterframes and y_spt_afterframes_reset_on_server_activate.
Added legit autojump (y_spt_autojump and y_spt_autojump_ensure_legit) and motion blur fix (y_spt_motion_blur_fix). The motion blur fix makes the in-game motion blur obey host_framerate and host_tiemscale and such.
Major code redesign.