whatlastgenre plugin for beets
Install and configure beets and whatlastgenre according to its docs.
Run whatlastgenre standalone to see if it is working.
Configure beets to use the wlg plugin, for example (adjust path):
pluginpath: ~/git/whatlastgenre/plugin/beets/beetsplug wlg: auto: yes force: no
If you didn't install whatlastgenre, make sure to have it in PYTHONPATH:
See also: [beets doc about plugins] (http://beets.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins/index.html)
The wlg plugin uses the same config file as the standalone version. Additionally, there are some config options in the beets config:
wlg: auto: no force: no count: 4 separator: ', ' whitelist: wlg
- auto: Automatically fetch genres during import. Default:
- force: Force overwrite existing genres. Default:
- count: Number of genres to store. Default:
- separator: Separator for multiple genres. Default:
wlguse whitelist from whatlastgenre (default)
beetsuse whitelist from lastgenre beets plugin
- or use custom path to whitelist
Automatically use during import
auto: yes is set in the
wlg part of the beets configuration.
Usage: beet wlg [options] Options: -h, --help show this help message and exit -v, --verbose verbose output (-vv for debug) -f, --force force overwrite existing genres -u, --update-cache force update cache
Known issues / Differences to standalone
- genres always one tag with separation / only when using id3v23 (See beets#505)