Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Merge pull request #10966 from Yoast/10965-dont-render-json/ld-when-p… …ost-is-not-singular Only render content when post is not singular
Release Date: September 11th, 2018
- Introduces a How-To block in Gutenberg to create a How-to guide in an SEO-friendly way. Read more about the Gutenblocks in [https://yoa.st/gutenblocks](our release post).
- Introduces a FAQ block in Gutenberg to list your Frequently Asked Questions in an SEO-friendly way. Read more about the Gutenblocks in [https://yoa.st/gutenblocks](our release post).
- Adds readability analysis for Polish.
- On Multisite environments, in addition to the site domain, path and ID, also site titles are now present in the site selection dropdowns.
- Fixes a bug where changing the WordPress slug would not correctly update the snippet editor.
- Fixes a bug where the user input would trigger an analysis every time.
- Fixes a bug with incorrect zooming on older iPhones within the installation wizard.
- Fixes a bug where the OpenGraph image wouldn't show correctly for the frontpage in a few situations. Props to @mt8 for the solution direction.
- Fixes a bug where the Yoast SEO network admin menu and admin bar menu would appear when the plugin was only active for the main site, and not for the entire network.
- Fixes a bug where snippet variables in the Twitter card title and description wouldn't be properly replaced.
- Fixes a bug where a non-existing dependency was requested on the Search Appearance settings page.
- Fixes a bug where the value of the primary category snippet variable in the classic editor wouldn't change when the primary category was changed.
- Fixes a bug where the Gutenberg editor in the Classic Editor plugin would crash when the primary category picker was loaded. If something goes wrong in the primary category picker, it now shows a notification, instead of making the entire editor crash.
- Fixes a bug where the readability analysis would not show the correct scores for cornerstone content.
- Fixes a bug where switching off the SEO analysis would stop the readability analysis from loading.
- Fixes a fatal error on the Term and Post edit pages when the server is running on PHP 5.2.
Release Date: September 5th, 2018
- Fixes compatibility with Gutenberg 3.7, which removed a feature we were relying on.
- Fixes a bug where the Twitter meta-tags would not have the snippet variables replaced with their dynamic values.
- Fixes a bug where the
og:urlwould not be set to the canonical URL if the canonical URL is explicitly set on Post types, Terms or Tags.
- Fixes a bug on the Term page when editting the
slug, it would not be updated in the Snippet Preview directly.
- Adds the Snippet Preview Editor to the sidebar.
- Introduces the Primary Category picker to Gutenberg.
- Introduces a loading indicator in the analysis that is shown until we're ready to analyze the content.
- Optimizes the content analysis calculations. This fixes the issue where the UI could freeze when you have a long post.
- Changes the "Check Inlinks (OSE)" menu item in the Yoast Admin bar "Analyze this page" dropdown from the Moz OpenSite Explorer (OSE) to Google Search Console, as the former service is being disabled on August 30th 2018.
- Fixes a bug where the analysis scores would change multiple times due to a delay in the loading of the actual scores. We now show loading indicators until the actual scores have been calculated.
- Fixes a bug where the parent title snippet variable wasn't properly being replaced with the actual parent title in Gutenberg.
- Fixes a plugin compatibility bug where the SEO score in the admin bar could not be retrieved.
- Fixes a bug where the analysis for previously used keywords would only be triggered if the keyword was changed, resulting in an incorrect SEO score.
Release Date: August 14th, 2018
- Implements the Yoast sidebar for Gutenberg: added the Readability, Focus Keyword and Cornerstone content tabs to the sidebar.
- Revamps the Yoast metabox to use the same vertical design as the new sidebar.
- Implements the same tabbed layout in the plugin's network settings screen that is also used in the plugin's site settings screens.
- Implements a plugin-specific network settings API and use it in the network settings screen.
- Introduces a network admin-specific admin bar menu.
- Adds notifications to the Notification Center in regards to Gutenberg compatibility. If Gutenberg is older than the minimum supported version by Yoast SEO, a 'problem' notification is added. If Gutenberg is only slightly outdated, a 'normal' notification is added.
- Implements the automatic detection of the keyword for terms based on the term's title.
- Fixes a bug where
/sitemap.xmlwould not correctly redirect to
/sitemap_index.xmlin some environments.
- Fixes a bug where sitemap cache transients would not be correctly cleared.
- Fixes a bug where markers were wrongfully displayed in Gutenberg.
- Fixes a bug where SEO titles were incorrectly evaluated as being of a good length when they were actually slightly too long.
- Moves the network's Restore Site functionality into its own tab.
Release Date: August 7th, 2018
- Improves the link to claim your website on Pinterest by directly sending you to the right location.
- Adds the passive voice assessment for Dutch.
- Adds a link to a relevant article about re-using keywords to the feedback of the assessment that checks if the keyword was used previously.
- Adds a missing H1 heading to the Network Admin > SEO > Edit Files page.
- Fixes the textarea sizes in the Search Appearance > RSS tab.
- Fixes a bug where adding a company image in step 4 of the Configuration Wizard, would make the wizard crash.
- Fixes a bug where PHP error notices were given when the search result doesn't have any WooCommerce products. Props to jaska120.
- Improves the order in which assessments are triggered. The keyword in the title is only checked once there's a title, the keyword in the introduction is only checked once there's a text, and the keyword in the meta description is only checked once there's a meta description.
- Fixes a bug that caused keywords to be incorrectly recognized within possessive forms (e.g.
- Improves the recognition of keywords with special diacritics in the URL.
- Improves keyword recognition through adding Spanish inverted exclamation and question marks to the rules that determine word boundaries.
- Corrects the WP_Filesystem() initialization call to support settings import for non-default FS_METHOD definitions. Props to ptbello.
Release Date: July 24th, 2018
- Introduces the collapsible sections to all the tabs in Search Appearance.
- Improves accessibility of the collapsible sections in Search Appearance.
- Fixes a bug where archive settings for post types aren't shown on the search appearance page when the
has_archivefor that post type contains an archive slug. Props to nesinervink, schurig.
- Fixes a bug where a notice ("Notice: Trying to get property of non-object") is given when the
$term->taxonomyisn't set before it is used. Props to bainternet.
- Fixes a bug where an uppercased encode URI isn't redirected to the category. Props to dawnbirth.
- Fixes a bug where HTML entities were not always decoded in the Snippet Variables.
- Fixes a bug where custom field labels would be separated by spaces in the classic editor, but in Gutenberg they would be separated by underscores instead.
- Fixes a bug where the conversion of
', which is PHP's HTML entity for the apostrophy, did not happen.
- Fixes a bug where the same notification is shown multiple times when trashing multiple posts.
- Fixes a bug where a possibly non-existent key would be retrieved when generating the
article:sectionOpenGraph tag. Props to mikeschinkel.
- Fixes a bug in the UI that happend when
do_shortcodewas run on category descriptions in the admin list. Additionally, fixes rendering of shortcodes in category descriptions on the frontend.
- Fixes a bug where saved templates in Search Appearance would be saved incorrectly into the database, resulting in them never being loaded when editing a post, page, etc. This meant that the default template would always be used.
- Fixes a bug where the "Tagline" /
%%sitedesc%%snippet editor variable was not selectable in the Search Appearance settings.
- Fixes a bug where the newsletter signup in the configuration wizard would not work.
- Moves some snippet variables to only appear within specific editors. Adds a filter
wpseo_editor_specific_replace_varsto make this pluggable.
- Adds the white background to the template of media on the Search Appearance page.
- Changes feedback in the keyword density assessment to make it more explicit that synonyms are not taken into consideration when calculating the score.
- Shows a notification with the message that you should check your post type archive settings when these are possibly reset to their defaults in 7.7 or 7.8.
Release Date: July 10th, 2018
- Improves the way that the OpenGraph is determined for front pages, especially in the case of static front pages.
- Adds links to relevant articles to all SEO assessments.
- Adds Flesch Reading Ease assessment for French.
- Adds Flesch Reading Ease assessment for Spanish.
- Adds passive voice assessment for Italian.
- Fixes a bug where images from password protected posts could potentially end up in OpenGraph image tags.
- Fixes a bug where very old notifications could not be be dismissed or restored.
- Fixes a bug where the
Insert snippet variablebutton alignment was incorrect.
- Fixes a bug where the snippet variables had a different label in the Search Appearance settings compared to the snippet variables when writing a post, pages and taxonomies.
- Fixes a bug where instances of the same keyword with different kinds of apostrophes (e.g., brain’s and brain's) were not recognized as the same. This affects the following assessments: keyword in meta description, keyword in subheading, keyword in first paragraph, keyword in title and keyword in URL.
- Fixes a bug where the custom set breadcrumb title for the WooCommerce Shop page wasn't used.
- Adds a reminder message to create a redirect if a user deletes a category or tag.
- Removes a banner spot in the admin.
Release Date: July 2nd, 2018
- Disables WordPress' automatic conversion of emoji to images on every page where the snippet editor is present. This conversion is not compatible with React or content editable fields and broke the snippet editor.
- Fixes text directionality for the title and description fields in the snippet editor for right-to-left languages.
- Fixes a bug where the snippet title and description values were saved to the database if they did match the post-type template.