FFI::Aspell is an FFI binding for the Aspell library. It was mainly written as Raspell, a C binding for Aspell, is buggy and no longer maintained by the main author as of April 2012.
gem install ffi
- Corresponding language packs. Without these the FFI binding will crash.
- Dutch and Greek language packs for Aspell (only when testing the code)
- Arch Linux:
sudo pacman -S aspell
- OS X: (
brew install aspell --lang=en
Install the gem:
$ gem install ffi-aspell
The primary class is
FFI::Aspell::Speller, this class can be used to check for
spelling errors and the like:
speller = FFI::Aspell::Speller.new('en_US') if speller.correct?('cookie') puts 'The word "cookie" is correct' else puts 'The word "cookie" is incorrect' end
For more information see the YARD documentation.
- Make sure that Aspell and the English and Dutch dictionaries for it are
installed as well. On Arch Linux this can be done by running
sudo pacman -S aspell aspell-en aspell-nl.
- Install the gems:
- Run the tests to see if everything is working:
- Hack away!
- FFI functions go in FFI::Aspell
- Attached function names should resemble the C function names as much as possible.
- No more than 80 characters per line of code.
- Document your code, pull requests with big changes but without documentation will be rejected.
- Git commits should be signed off, this can be done by running
git commit --sign. Commits that are not signed off will be rejected.
- Follow the Git commit standards are described here: http://ramaze.net/documentation/file.contributing.html#Commit_Messages.
- Test your code! Pull requests without tests will not be accepted.
The code in this repository is licensed under the MIT license. A copy of this license can be found in the file "LICENSE" in the root directory of this repository.