Firefly III v4.7.8 for YunoHost
Please note that this app will install PHP 7.2
"Firefly III" is a (self-hosted) manager for your personal finances. It can help you keep track of your expenses and income, so you can spend less and save more. Firefly III supports the use of budgets, categories and tags. It can import data from external sources and it has many neat financial reports available. You can read all about it in the main repository and in the official documentation.
- Firefly III runs on your own server, so you are fully in control of your data. It will not contact other sites or servers.
- You can import from over 2500 financial providers, in 55 countries when you enable the Spectre API.
- You can import from bunq.
- You can import CSV files from practically any bank.
- Firefly III features an JSON REST API.
But actually, it features:
- A double-entry bookkeeping system
- You can store, edit and remove withdrawals, deposits and transfers. This allows you full financial management
- You can manage different types of accounts
- It's possible to create, change and manage money using budgets
- Organize transactions using categories
- Save towards a goal using piggy banks
- Predict and anticipate bills
- View income / expense reports
- Rule based transaction handling with the ability to create your own rules.
- The ability to export data so you can move to another system.
- The ability to import data so you can move from another system.
- Organize expenses using tags
- 2 factor authentication for extra security
- Supports any currency you want, including crypto currencies such as ₿itcoin and Ξthereum
- Lots of help text in case you don’t get it
- Translations into 10(!) languages, proudly powered by Crowdin
Everything is organised:
- Clear views that should show you how you're doing
- Easy navigation through your records
- Browse back and forth to see previous months or even years
- Lots of charts because we all love them
- Financial reporting showing you how well you are doing
- Lots of math because we all like math!
Installation on YunoHost
- Firefly III requires a dedicated (sub)domain (must install under web root like https://firefly.example.com/ not https://example.com/firefly/ )
Register a new domain and add it to YunoHost
Firefly III requires a dedicated (sub)domain, so obtain one and add it using the YunoHost admin panel. Domains -> Add domain. As Firefly III uses the full domain and is installed on the root, you can create a subdomain such as firefly.domain.tld. Don't forget to update your DNS if you manage them manually.
Install the Firefly III application
Use the YunoHost admin panel to install Firefly III by entering the GitHub repo address in the custom app URL:
Or use the command line to install the Firefly III app:
$ yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/firefly-iii_ynh
- The admin user should be a registered YunoHost user.
- Important: when the installation is complete, you will have to visit the domain on which the app is installed and register the first account with the primary email address of the Admin user given at the time of installayion (otherwise you will not get admin rights). The registration will lock itself after the first registration.