Calibre-web for YunoHost
This package allow you to install calibreweb quickly and simply on a YunoHost server.
If you don't have YunoHost, please see here to know how to install and enjoy it.
This is an implementation of Calibre-web for Yunohost.
Calibre-Web is a web app providing a clean interface for browsing, reading and downloading eBooks using an existing Calibre database.
This software is a fork of library and licensed under the GPL v3 License.
Alternatively, you may use COPS which also allows access to your Calibre Library, but in read-only mode.
Shipped version: The shipped version 0.6.0, but as the numbering changed in the calibre-web app, it is numbered as 0.96.0 in yunohost
Library will be placed in
/home/yunohost.multimedia/share/eBook folder except if both :
- calibreweb is set as a private application
- calibreweb library is set as a public library
In this case the library will be set in
/home/yunohost.multimedia/[admin]/eBook folder. Library folder can always be changed manually in the application settings by the administrator.
This app support http authentification.
By default, backup process will not backup Calibre library (backup_core_only logic). You may activate backup of the library with
yunohost app setting calibreweb backup_core_only -v 0
By default, removing the app will never delete the library.
- Partial LDAP support : user existing both in Yunohost and calibreweb can use their Yunohost password to log in, but user existing previously to the application installation will not be duplicated in the database automatically
- Authorization access to library to be done manually after install if Calibre library was already existing, for example :
chown -R calibreweb: path/to/library or chmod o+rw path/to/library
- Do not use a Nextcloud folder. It's all right if the folder is an external storage in Nextcloud but not if it's an internal one : Changing the data in the library will cause trouble with the sync
- "Magic link feature is not yet available
- Change to library made outside calibreweb are not automatically updated in calibreweb. It is required to disconnect and reconnect to see the changes
- OPDS is not yet working
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/calibre_ynh/issues
- App website: https://github.com/janeczku/calibre-web
- YunoHost website: https://yunohost.org/
Please do your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/Yunohost-Apps/calibre_ynh/tree/Testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade calibreweb -u https://github.com/Yunohost-Apps/calibre_ynh/tree/Testing --debug
- Better Multimedia integration : Integrate in Yunohost.multimedia
- User and possibly LDAP integration, http auth
- Package_check integration
- On backup/remove/upgrade : check for database location to update settings
- enable magic link
- Add cronjob to reload database
- OPDS activation
Package and software are GPL 3.0