This package allows you to install Firefox Sync Server quickly and simply on a YunoHost server. If you don't have YunoHost, please consult the guide to learn how to install it.
The Sync Server provides a replacement for Firefox’s default server (hosted at Mozilla).
By default, a server set up will defer authentication to the Mozilla-hosted accounts server at https://accounts.firefox.com. So you will still have to authenticate at Mozilla, but the storage of your information will be done on your host.
Shipped version: 1.9.1~ynh4
Once installed, reaching
http://domain.tld/path should show a page explaining how to configure it.
The sure-fire way to know what Sync on Android is really doing is to observe the Android device log using adb logcat. You’ll want to bump your log-level:
adb shell setprop log.tag.FxAccounts VERBOSE
Then, you can observe the log using:
adb logcat | grep FxAccounts
It’s best to observe the log while you force a sync from the Android Settings App. You should see output like:
D FxAccounts(...) fennec :: BaseResource :: HTTP GET https://token.stage.mozaws.net/1.0/sync/1.5 ... D FxAccounts(...) fennec :: BaseResource :: HTTP GET https://sync-4-us-east-1.stage.mozaws.net/
- Upstream not maintained: This software is not maintained anymore. Expect it to break down over time, be exposed to unfixed security breaches, etc.
- Official admin documentation: https://mozilla-services.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howtos/run-sync-1.5.html
- Upstream app code repository: https://github.com/mozilla-services/syncserver
- YunoHost documentation for this app: https://yunohost.org/app_ffsync
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/ffsync_ynh/issues
Please send your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/ffsync_ynh/tree/testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade ffsync -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/ffsync_ynh/tree/testing --debug
More info regarding app packaging: https://yunohost.org/packaging_apps