Friendica for YunoHost
This package allow you to install Friendica quickly and simply on a YunoHost server. If you don't have YunoHost, please see here to learn how to install and enjoy it.
Friendica is a software to create a distributed social network. It is part of the federation of servers that are running with Friendica, Diaspora and Hubzilla which are compatible to each other.
Current snapshot in sources:
- https://github.com/friendica/friendica: 2021.01
- https://github.com/friendica/friendica-addons: 2021.01
Warning: It's advised to use Barracuda as MySQL DB file format for your Friendica database.
Friendica is a decentralised communications platform that integrates social communication. Our platform links to independent social projects and corporate services.
Friendica connects you effortlessly to a federated communications network of several thousand servers, with more than half a million user registrations. You can directly connect to anyone on Friendica, Mastodon, Diaspora, GnuSocial, Pleroma, or Hubzilla, regardless where each user profile is hosted.
This app claims following features:
- Ldap integration(Ldap is broken in the latest version.See this)
- Add php.log in the root folder for debugging php, with logrotate applied on it (can be accesssed by admin->logs and entering the php.log).
Register a new domain and add it to YunoHost
Before installing, read the Friendica installation instructions for important information about installation.
Friendica requires browser-approved SSL certificates.
Use the YunoHost admin panel to install Friendica by entering the GitHub repo address in the custom app URL:
User with ldap admin rights
For admin rights: When installation is complete, you will need to visit your domain page and login with the admin account username and password which was entered at the time of installation process. You can then create your profile and access the admin panel.
For normal YunoHost users : Normal LDAP users can login through Ldap authentication and create there profiles.
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/friendica_ynh/issues
- App website: http://friendi.ca/
- Upstream app repository: https://github.com/friendica/friendica
- YunoHost website: https://yunohost.org/
Please do your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/friendica_ynh/tree/testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade friendica -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/friendica_ynh/tree/testing --debug