Mastodon for YunoHost
This package allow you to install Mastodon quickly and simply on a YunoHost server.
If you don't have YunoHost, please see here to know how to install and enjoy it.
Mastodon is a free, open-source social network. A decentralized alternative to commercial platforms, it avoids the risks of a single company monopolizing your communication. Pick a server that you trust â€” whichever you choose, you can interact with everyone else. Anyone can run their own Mastodon instance and participate in the social network seamlessly.
Shipped version: 3.0.1
Important points to read before installing
- Mastodon require a dedicated root domain, eg. mastodon.domain.tld
- The user choosen during the installation is automatically created in Mastodon with admin rights
- At the end of the installation a mail is sent to the user with the automatically generated password
- It seems important to close the inscriptions for your Mastodon, so that it remains a private body. We invite you to block remote malicious instances from the administration interface. You can also add text on your home page.
Using screen in case of disconnect
$ sudo apt-get install screen $ screen $ sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mastodon_ynh.git
Recover after disconnect:
$ screen -d $ screen -r
Using screen highly recommended
$ sudo yunohost app upgrade mastodon -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mastodon_ynh --debug
- Official documentation: https://docs.joinmastodon.org/
YunoHost specific features
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mastodon_ynh/issues
- App website: https://joinmastodon.org/
- Upstream app repository: https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon
- YunoHost website: https://yunohost.org/
Please do your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mastodon_ynh/tree/testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade mastodon -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mastodon_ynh/tree/testing --debug