Minchat for YunoHost
This package allows you to install Minchat quickly and simply on a YunoHost server.
If you don't have YunoHost, please consult the guide to learn how to install it.
Shipped version: 1.0
- Simple web chat: only requires a browser ; no XMPP application.
- No need for users to register. Just need the web address. But optional authorisation control.
- On connection, the page is fed with the messages of the day
- Args are in the URL as get arguments, so that you can share the URL or make it a favorite to avoid filling a form.
- Optionaly multi room
The setup is optional. If you leave it as is, there is a single unnamed room, opened to all users. If you want to customize the access control, edit the file
conf/setup.ini (if missing, copy it from
conf/sample/setup.ini). The interesting parameter is
auth that indicates which user is authorized to which room.
In this example
auth = John:Game,John:Family,Mary:Game,Tim:Family,admin:*,*:Public,*:,
John:Game,John:Family= John can access the Game room, the Family room
Mary:Game= Mary can access the Game room
Tim:Family= Tim can access the Family room
admin:*= admin can access all rooms
*:Public= everybody can acccess the Public room
*:= everybody can access the unnamed room
Hints for users
- The URLs you send are linked or transformed to images when preceeded by a
- If multiple rooms are allowed by the administrator in the
setup.ini, you can have several tabs opened to different rooms in the same browser.
- Official documentation: Link to the official documentation of this app
- YunoHost documentation: If specific documentation is needed, feel free to contribute.
YunoHost specific features
- Are LDAP and HTTP auth supported? No
- Can the app be used by multiple users? Yes
- Any known limitations.
- Other info you would like to add about this app.
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/minchat_ynh/issues
- Upstream app repository: https://github.com/wojtek77/chat
- YunoHost website: https://yunohost.org/
Please send your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/minchat_ynh/tree/testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade minchat -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/minchat_ynh/tree/testing --debug