minchat_ynh : minchat for Yunohost
- Simple web chat: only requires a browser ; no XMPP application
- No need for users to register. Just need the web address. But optional authorisation control.
- On connection, the page is fed with the messages of the day
- Args are in the URL as get arguments, so that you can share the URL or make it a favorite to avoid filling a form.
- Optionaly multi room
Via the admin web console, type in: https://github.com/chtixof/minchat_ynh
Or on ssh :
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/chtixof/minchat_ynh
sudo yunohost app upgrade minchat -u https://github.com/chtixof/minchat_ynh
Download, unzip and just copy the content of the
sources folder to any folder of your web site.
The setup is optional. If you leave it as is, there is a single unnamed room, opened to all users. If you want to customize the access control, edit the file
conf/setup.ini (if missing, copy it from
conf/sample/setup.ini). The interesting parameter is
auth that indicates which user is authorized to which room.
In this example
auth = John:Game,John:Family,Mary:Game,Tim:Family,admin:*,*:Public,*:,
John:Game,John:Family= John can access the Game room, the Family room
Mary:Game= Mary can access the Game room
Tim:Family= Tim can access the Family room
admin:*= admin can access all rooms
*:Public= everybody can acccess the Public room
*:= everybody can access the unnamed room
Hints for users
- The URLs you send are linked or transformed to images when preceeded by a !
- If multiple rooms are allowed by the administrator in the setup.ini, you can have several tabs opened to different rooms in the same browser