Nextcloud for YunoHost
This package allow you to install Nextcloud quickly and simply on a YunoHost server.
If you don't have YunoHost, please see here to know how to install and enjoy it.
Nextcloud gives you freedom and control over your own data. A personal cloud which run on your own server. With Nextcloud you can synchronize your files over your devices.
Shipped version: 15.0.7
- Official documentation: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/user_manual/
- YunoHost documentation: https://github.com/YunoHost/doc/blob/master/app_nextcloud_fr.md
YunoHost specific features
In addition to Nextcloud core features, the following are made available with this package:
- Integrate with YunoHost users and SSO - i.e. logout button
- Allow one user to be the administrator (set at the installation)
- Allow multiple instances of this application
- Optionally access the user home folder from Nextcloud files (set at the installation, the sharing is enabled by default)
/.well-knownpaths for CalDAV and CardDAV on the domain only if it's not already served - i.e. by Baïkal
To integrate the logout button to the SSO, we have to patch Nextcloud sources. In waiting an upstream integration, the source code integrity checking has been disabled to prevent the warning message.
Also, note we made the choice to disable third-parties applications at the upgrade. It allows to prevent an unstable - and sometimes broken - Nextcloud installation. You will just have to manually activate them after the upgrade.
Finally, the following error message in Nextcloud logs can be safely ignored:
Following symlinks is not allowed ('/home/yunohost.multimedia/user/Share' -> '/home/yunohost.multimedia/share/' not inside '/home/yunohost.multimedia/user/')
Migrate from ownCloud
This is not considered as stable yet, please do it with care and only for testing!
This package handle the migration from ownCloud to Nextcloud. For that, your ownCloud application must be up-to-date in YunoHost.
You will then have to upgrade your ownCloud application with this repository. This can only be done from the command-line interface - e.g. through SSH. Once you're connected, you simply have to execute the following:
sudo yunohost app upgrade -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/nextcloud_ynh owncloud --debug
--debug option will let you see the full output. If you encounter any
issue, please paste it.
Note that a cron job will be executed at some time after the end of this command. You must wait that before doing any other application operations! You should see that Nextcloud is installed after that.
Note that it does not change the application label nor the URL. To rename
the label, you can execute the following - replace
Nextcloud with whatever
sudo yunohost app setting nextcloud label -v "Nextcloud" sudo yunohost app ssowatconf
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/nextcloud_ynh/issues
- Nextcloud website: https://nextcloud.com/
- Nextcloud repository: https://github.com/nextcloud/server
- YunoHost website: https://yunohost.org/
Please do your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/nextcloud_ynh/tree/testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade nextcloud -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/nextcloud_ynh/tree/testing --debug