Osada for YunoHost
This package allows you to install Osada quickly and simply on a YunoHost server. If you don't have YunoHost, please consult the guide to learn how to install it.
Osada uses Zot6 protocol which is next version of zot5 protocol. Osada has native support for the ActivityPub protocol (W3C standard) as well as the more advanced features. It can inter-operate with other social networking applications and projects in either of these spaces, including Mastodon, Pleroma, Pixelfed, PeerTube, Funkwhale, Zap, Friendica, Hubzilla, and many more.
Shipped version: 22.06.22~ynh1
Disclaimers / important information
This app claims following features:
- LDAP integration
- Adeed php.log in the root folder for debugging PHP, with logrotate applied on it (can be accesssed by admin->logs and entering the php.log).
- Option to choose between Mysql and PostgreSQL for the Osada
Ldap Admin user rights, logs and failed database updates
For admin rights: When installation is complete, you will need to visit your new hub's page and login with the admin account username which was entered at the time of installation process. You should then be able to create your first channel and have the admin rights for the hub.
For normal YunoHost users: Normal LDAP users can login through LDAP authentication and create there channels.
Failing to get admin rights: If the admin cannot access the admin settings at
https://osada.example.com/adminthen you have to manually add 4096 to the account_roles under accounts for that user in the database through phpMyAdmin.
For logs: Go to admin->logs and enter the file name php.log.
Failed Database after Upgrade: Some times databse upgrade fails after version upgrade. You can go to hub eg.
https://osada.example.com/admin/dbsync/and check the numbers of failled update. These updates will have to be ran manually by phpMyAdmin.
- Upstream not maintained: This software is not maintained anymore. Expect it to break down over time, be exposed to unfixed security breaches, etc.
Documentation and resources
- Official app website: http://zotlabs.com/osada/
- Upstream app code repository: https://codeberg.org/zot-archive/osada
- YunoHost Store: https://apps.yunohost.org/app/osada
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/osada_ynh/issues
Please send your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/osada_ynh/tree/testing --debug
sudo yunohost app upgrade osada -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/osada_ynh/tree/testing --debug
More info regarding app packaging: https://yunohost.org/packaging_apps