ZAP for YunoHost
This package allow you to install ZAP quickly and simply on a YunoHost server. If you don't have YunoHost, please see here to know how to install and enjoy it.
Zap is an an ethical alternative to Fediverse that provides powerful features for creating interconnected websites featuring a decentralized identity, communications, and permissions framework built using common webserver technology.
Compatible with Mastodon, Pleroma, Pixelfed, Friendica, Hubzilla, Funkwhale, Peertube, Plume, WriteFreely and many, many more.
Shipped version: 21.05.21
Unique Features of ZAP
- Groups : public, private, and moderated.
- Events : Calendar and attendance; automatic birthday notifications for friends using this feature.
- Cloudstorage : Built-in network file storage integrated with social networking access.
- Editor : Supports both markdown and bbcode. Use either or both - if you want.
- Share: Drag-and-drop a number of different things such as files, photos, webpages, maps, phone numbers to share- them.
- Lists: Sometimes referred to as circles or aspects, this lets you define your own groups of related friends and- communicate with them as a private group.
- Extend : Change or upgrade your software functionality as desired by installing additional features from addons and- the free app collection.
This app claims following features:
- Ldap integration
- Adeed php.log in the root folder for debugging php, with logrotate applied on it (can be accesssed by admin->logs and entering the php.log).
- Option to choose between Mysql and PostgreSQL.
Before installing, read the Zap installation instructions for important information about:
Register a new domain and add it to YunoHost
- Zap requires a dedicated domain, so obtain one and add it using the YunoHost admin panel. Domains -> Add domain. As Zap uses the full domain and is installed on the root, you can create a subdomain such as Zap.domain.tld. Don't forget to update your DNS if you manage them manually.
Ldap Admin user rights, logs and failed database updates
For admin rights: When installation is complete, you will need to visit your new hub's page and login with the admin account username which was entered at the time of installation process. You should then be able to create your first channel and have the admin rights for the hub.
For normal YunoHost users : Normal LDAP users can login through Ldap authentication and create there channels.
Failing to get admin rights : If the admin cannot access the admin settings at
https://zap.example.com/adminor you want to grant admin rights to any other user(s) on the hub, then you have to manually add 4096 to the account_roles under accounts for that user in the database through phpMYAdmin.
For logs : Go to admin->logs and enter the file name php.log.
Failed Database after Upgrade : Some times databse upgrade fails after version upgrade. You can go to hub eg.
https://zap.example.com/admin/dbsync/and check the numbers of failled update. These updates will have to be ran manually by phpMYAdmin.
- YunoHost project: https://yunohost.org
- Zap website: https://zotlabs.com/zap/
- Zap code on codeberg: https://codeberg.org/zot/zap
- Zap addons on codeberg: https://codeberg.org/zot/zap-addons
Please send your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/zap_ynh/tree/testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade zap -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/zap_ynh/tree/testing --debug