Packaging your an app, starting from this example
- Copy this app before working on it, using the 'Use this template' button on the Github repo.
- Edit the
manifest.jsonwith app specific info.
- Edit the
restorescripts, and any relevant conf files in
- Using the script helpers documentation.
- Add a
LICENSEfile for the package.
README.mdfiles are to be automatically generated by https://github.com/YunoHost/apps/tree/master/tools/README-generator
Example app for YunoHost
This package allows you to install example quickly and simply on a YunoHost server. If you don't have YunoHost, please consult the guide to learn how to install it.
Explain in a few (10~15) words the purpose of the app or what it actually does (it is meant to give a rough idea to users browsing a catalog of 100+ apps)
Shipped version: 1.0~ynh1
Disclaimers / important information
Any known limitations, constrains or stuff not working, such as (but not limited to):
- requiring a full dedicated domain ?
- architectures not supported ?
- not-working single-sign on or LDAP integration ?
- the app requires an important amount of RAM / disk / .. to install or to work properly
Other infos that people should be aware of, such as:
- any specific step to perform after installing (such as manually finishing the install, specific admin credentials, ...)
- how to configure / administrate the application if it ain't obvious
- upgrade process / specificities / things to be aware of ?
- security considerations ?
Documentation and resources
- Official app website: https://example.com
- Official user documentation: https://yunohost.org/apps
- Official admin documentation: https://yunohost.org/packaging_apps
- Upstream app code repository: https://some.forge.com/example/example
- YunoHost documentation for this app: https://yunohost.org/app_example
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/example_ynh/issues
Please send your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/example_ynh/tree/testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade example -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/example_ynh/tree/testing --debug
More info regarding app packaging: https://yunohost.org/packaging_apps