Shinken configuration pack for rabbitmq status check.
it use the http backend of rabbitmq to query state of server.
install required perl dependency
perl -MCPAN -e "CPAN::Shell->notest('install', 'JSON')" perl -MCPAN -e "CPAN::Shell->notest('install', 'Monitoring::Plugin')"
install via shinken.io
shinken install rabbitmq
this pack provide 4 hosts templates.
- rabbitmq: provide all check of basic health of a rabbitmq server.
- rabbitmq-exchange: template to check a specific exchange.
- rabbitmq-queue: template to check a specific queue.
- rabbitmq-showel. template to check if all showel of a server is running. (require showel plugin)
see pack/rabbitmq/templates.cfg to see definition in each hosts to see how to customize your commands.
Currently we have the following checks:
- Use the /api/aliveness-test API to send/receive a message.
- Use the /api/connections API to gather details of connections used, their state and their throughput
- Use the /api/exchanges API to collect average rates of confirmed, published in and published out messages/second in a period of time on a given exchange.
- Use a variety of APIs to count instances of various objects on the server. These include vhosts, exchanges, bindings, queues and channels.
- Use the /api/overview API to collect the number of pending, ready and unacknowledged messages on the server
- Use the /api/nodes API to check for partitions in a RabbitMQ cluster.
- Use the /api/nodes API to check how many node are alive in the cluster.
- Use the /api/queue API to collect the number of pending, ready and unacknowledged messages and the number of consumers on a given queue or all the queues available. Exclude parameter also works if all queues are checked
- Use the /api/nodes API to gather resource usage of the rabbitmq server node
- Use the /api/nodes API check that all the shovels of the given RabbitMQ host are running
- Use the /api/nodes API to check to see if mem_alarm has been set to true
this pack is a porting of the nagios plugin nagios-plugins-rabbitmq https://github.com/nagios-plugins-rabbitmq/nagios-plugins-rabbitmq